House Buying / Selling Thread

That sound horrible. I'm hoping for 3 months from sale agreed to moving out, realistic? I guess a lot depends on who you accept as a buyer - if its a genuine cash buyer it could be a week.

I dont know how you can do it within a week. The searches usually take much longer than that. 3 months seems more realistic. Our solicitor told us that a "quick" sale usually took 8 weeks.

Housing market on the move ? Similarly, partners daughter who lives Chadderton had her property on and off sale over the past few years, then unexpectedly was sold a month ago, leaving her urgently in need of a new home. Luckily the only requirement for the new one was an extra bedroom. She is now in the process of buying a new home not far from her present one, albeit at a slightly higher price !
It certainly seems to be on the move in oldham, though looking on Rightmove etc stuff seems genuinely overpriced to me, think we might end up renting until we find exactly what we want.

Prices in Cheadle Hulme and Bramhall are mental........shit hole damp bungalow needing full modernisation? £300 to £325k

Prices in Cheadle Hulme and Bramhall are mental........shit hole damp bungalow needing full modernisation? £300 to £325k
I'd love to know what jobs people have to afford these homes, Christ I'll be lucky to manage to pay a £150k mortgage, I know rates are low but unless you fix for next 10 years these people will be in for a shock if they go up, but what do I know after the crash in 2008 I thought the rate would go up and fixed at 5% only for them to fucking drop :(

That sound horrible. I'm hoping for 3 months from sale agreed to moving out, realistic? I guess a lot depends on who you accept as a buyer - if its a genuine cash buyer it could be a week.

No chance!
I bought a flat for cash.
It took 3 months to carry it out with due diligence.

Fuck me everyone wants a piece of the action, we have a maintenance company for our estate, now bearing in mind we the homeowners employ these people they now want £300 off me for the honour of selling our house!! These cunts want it for a selling pack that will pass on details of costs of maintenance etc the next buyer will have to pay, so a few minutes clicking a computer about 20 pages of A4 and they want £300. The sooner these bastards are regulated the better, I can't fuckojgbwait to get of for this estate.

What does anyone know about buying at an auction? I've no chain and a lump sum in principal.

I'm on an Edward Mellor mailing list and there's some apparent bargains.

What does anyone know about buying at an auction? I've no chain and a lump sum in principal.

I'm on an Edward Mellor mailing list and there's some apparent bargains.

Serious suggestion: watch a few episodes of Homes Under the Hammer. The presenters are cheesey as fcuk but you should still learn plenty.

Re apparent bargains, it seems most properties achieve well above the guide price, so don't be too swayed by the selling agents' blurb. However, that doesn't mean there are no bargains to be had.

Could be wrong but I think you are expected to be in a position to complete within 28 days when buying at auction.

How much of an impact will direct debits have on getting a mortgage? I am hoping to apply for a mortgage later in the year (not 1st time buyers) and wondering whether to pay season ticket off in one go so I have less money being paid out each month so have better chance of getting mortgage at the value we want. Will £40 a month for season ticket make much difference to mortgage offer?

Also, my wife missed a credit card payment in May last year - is that going to fuck us up?

Will be looking for a 90% mortgage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.