How do we put the fans back in football?

1. You have made an effort to make sure your ticket is used at the games you can't attend yourself.
2. I don't believe the thousands that are not turning up at some games are in the same situation. The majority just can't be arsed a lot of the time.

This is what baffles me. We have a 54,000 capacity with 46,000 season ticket holders and 3,000 for away fans. That leaves only 5,000 tickets up for grabs. I have no idea how many are on the waiting list but all of these should sell and people should be fighting for any left on the ticket exchange but mine, along with others don't sell.

You have no way of knowing that. Or what efforts others have made to list tickets on the exchange.

We've obviously got very different views on this.

You are right, but equally you have no way of knowing that it isn't because they can't be arsed either.

My view is based on the very strong correlation between the the number of empty seats and the opposition we are playing.

There are thousands of empty seats at many of our home games despite the games being apparently sold out. I think this contributes negatively to the atmosphere and I have put forward a suggestion to resolve that particular issue. You don't agree with it - fair enough.

simple answer is you can't

the game is miles away from the 1970s/80s fans revenue is now not the answer and its just a small part of football today. money from outside of football is king tv money sponsorship. image rights. corporate. all have a major part on how football is setup and run. i even think most of the premier league teams could let fans in for free or a small fee and still be in profit

safe standing would only make a difference if you are allowed to be free and sing and swear and be allowed to back your team with good banter. but the game is so PC and its good to keep it that way with the clubs now in full control responsible for the crowds. no drinking. no smoking. on swearing. its safety first and rightly so in these days and age

look we all would love the crowd to be in full voice and sways of fans all bunch up to made a noise but sadly them days have gone

Reintroducing safe standing.

Would it be possible to have pay on the gate these day's. I know lots of people who won't commit to season card or advance tickets because they work etc and would like to turn up on the day.

Total cost of going to a game puts many off i.e food price's and tickets. Although having been told the cost my wife and daughter spent at the arena last weekend to watch the dancing it made going to a game seem really good value(plus you don't get your snacks confiscated as you enter).

Premier league having a bit of common sense with with fixtures and TV games. Say Christmas, bank holiday and evening games be more local games. I know it isn't always possible but how many times do we see rail maintenance taking part over these periods. Wouldn't even know where to start on TV games, used to cause endless arguments in our house having to cancel stuff because games had been rearranged for TV.

Not sure about taking people's tickets away or anything but I think something should be done to try and address the fact that some season tickets are not being used for multiple games in a season. It'''s definitely more of a problem since the increased success and the expansion. A lot of people will have their own circumstances and of course these may change over a season but I think there are a lot of new season ticket holders who buy a season ticket when they wouldn' have done in the past even though they know full well they might miss half the games and don't even bother to offer it to a mate/family member (or maybe the logistics of this are more tricky if they live a long way from Manchester)
Even if initially it was just an email to those supporters when they have missed a game letting them know about the ticket exchange in case they don' know about it or something. Maybe asking them why they didnt come (we're all pretty used to receiving short surveys from City!) Obviously if you missed it for a family emergency or something you would just ignore the email.

Cheaper food is great but no way would it have any bearing on me attending or not, cheaper tickets is the one for me £20 a game is enough leave corporate as is, its all about the cost of tickets simple, football is more of a family thing than it use to be and for a family of 4 to pay way over £100 for a game is just wrong, should be £50.

This is what baffles me. We have a 54,000 capacity with 46,000 season ticket holders and 3,000 for away fans. That leaves only 5,000 tickets up for grabs. I have no idea how many are on the waiting list but all of these should sell and people should be fighting for any left on the ticket exchange but mine, along with others don't sell.

The people using the Ticket Exchange will pick and choose the games they want to go to. Also, they might have more chance of say 2 seats together through unofficial forums.

You want atmosphere in grounds, so you want singing. Standing with ticket prices at a reasonable rate, say 15-20, maybe on the door (if you're a cityzen) would go a long way to solving this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.