How do you true blues feel about the enigmatic Mario Balotelli?

ADegenerate

This special man will always hold a place in my heart. I'm incredibly lucky to have had this crazy sob on the team when I started getting into the game. I tend to root for the bad guys at times and this guy helped turn me from a casual into somebody who is passionate about the club. It was a perfect scenario for me.

I stumbled into City by chance who would be destined for greatness AND I get to have a super talent on my squad who hangs out with the mafia, throws darts at youth players, doesn't celebrate when he scores, lights off fireworks in his house causing fires, 0 assists with the team, is a threat to get sent off at any minute, and he can score amazing goals at any time? Um, yes. That was enough for me to get on board. Count me in. I couldn't wait to see what he would do next. The end of 10-11 season got me enjoying the game. The break inbetween seasons is when I really got into it. The prospects of winning the league ...watching Mario tear up the league ....AND do whacky shit at the same time?! I couldn't wait.

I'll never forget that legendary derby match. You know the one. My group of friends did some drinking that night and went back to a buddies house after. I have a friend who supports city as well and we were going to get a couple hours sleep and get up at 7 for the game. We had another another beer here and there and before we knew it 5am rolled around so we decided we would just keep drinking until the game. By the time the game started we were completely annihilated. Bobby Manc was pissing me off at the time because he wasn't playing my boy enough for my liking. It was a relief knowing he started the game. What an amazing, beautiful destruction we laid on United that day.

The why always me moment AT Old Trafford was glorious and to top it off we went on an insane frenzy and couldn't stop scoring! Amazing.

It's pretty funny to me that the only assist he notched was the one dumped off to Kun for the title.

I'd like to know what you guys thought of him? Too much for most I'd imagine? Not worth the headache? I don't know about you guys but I would take him back in an instant.

Not good enough anymore to justify his lack of effort and insane behaviour. I liked his attitude towards the rags but the darts stunt was unforgivable.

I have to say that I never got him. Just thought he was an idiot and a waste of talent.

I realise I am prob on a minority in here though

Too inconsistent. 1 good game, followed by 5 or 6 "meh" ones. I suppose you could call him a loveable rogue, but I wouldn't have him back in the side now. Thanks for what you did do for us Mario, and good luck for the rest of your career.

loved him. Aguero moment wouldn't have happened without him. Wouldn't have him back though.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club now.
but I think he was good for us at the time, raised our profile, brought us some fans in who have stayed.
used to cringe at some of his antics but also enjoyed hearing about other antics. Handing out money dressed as Santa, his reply to the police as to why he had 5k in his pocket, "because I am rich"
Think he was a real character. What a waste of talent though.

Mario is one of, if not the most enigmatic players we have ever had, when he was good he was really really good, but when he was bad bad he was terrible.

As an entertainer there has probably been no better.... and he is the coolest penalty taker ever. I will never ever forget the game v Spurs and the 93rd minute penalty that he scored, that he won even though he shouldn't have been on the park.

Loved the guy when he was here will never forget him.... Who can forget him winding up Rio Ferdinand? Would I want him back... Sadly no, he has left enough indellible memories to last me a lifetime!

391389_4358348158065_1284408901_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.