How do you true blues feel about the enigmatic Mario Balotelli?

We should always be grateful to Mario for the part he played in that game..

When he came on as sub, he played like a man on a mission..

If you watch the game back you will see that he chased down SWP in his own half to get the ball back to set up an attack..

He provided the assist for the famous goal but you could also see how much it meant to him afterwards..

Thank you Mario...

....and the fact he is now being as disruptive over there is even more pleasurable.

Three Cheers for Mario...Hip Hip!...

Overrated. Stole wages from every club he's ever played for.

For every moment like the pass in extra time or "Why always me?" there were 10 games where he didn't give a fuck. That sending off against Arsenal was the final straw for me.

We took a gamble with him, and he was entertaining for a short while. Overall, he didn't deliver.
I don't mind looking back fondly regarding him, but I'd never look forward with him.

Football is in danger of becoming a pretty anodyne pursuit. The game needs genuine, unique, individual and talented entertainers and Mario is all of that and more.

Like all mavericks, he needs strong, effective and intelligent management and, whilst not good enough for our 1st eleven in the big games, he had sufficient ability to play a broader part.

Loved his time at City - though more often than not for off-the-field rather than on-the-field exploits!

Think Mario will always think of City as his home and I'm sure he's gutted he had to leave. He seemed like a perfect match for the club, he was barmy like us fans. He gave the club a load of good publicity and scored regularly for us. I don't think the negative media attitude towards him is justified at all and he's had more to deal with in 20 years than most 90 year olds have had to deal with in a life time. It's a shame that he had to go but his goals dried up and we needed to attract bigger players.

His graft against United in the FA Cup semi final, and his composure and skill to set up Aguero for the title winner outweigh all the crap for me. I'll always be grateful to him for that. I'm glad he's gone though. We've got a squad of team minded professionals now.

Did a few good things, and a couple of great things.

Mostly took the piss on and off the pitch. He could have been on the Messi/Ronaldo level, he had the natural ability, but despite being given chance after chance he just doesn't give a shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.