How do you true blues feel about the enigmatic Mario Balotelli?

I'll always love the guy, so many high points:

1. His look after the aggro at the semi v the Rags. He has Ferdinand on a plate.
_52208911_ferdinand_464x261reuters.jpg

2. His legendary celebration after his first goal in the 1-6. Take it, take it, take it.......
balotteli-whyalwaysme1.jpg

3. His 'shouldered' goal v Norwich, which was made even better with his nonchalant look at the fans afterwards.

balotelli-shoulder-goal-o.gif

4. His reaction to the Newcastle keeper after his penalty - a reaction to the keeper trying to play mind games before the spot kick........I mean, honestly, trying to play mind games with Mad Mario!
balotelli-versus-newcastle.jpg

5. His assist for Aguero.
5.gif

I will always, always love the guy. I will back him up regardless of his actions......there's just an innocence and likeability about him.

Nice account of facts @malg

I wonder if there is something alike depicting the hate he received by the scum.

How many times was he targeted by bent refs, his sending off against the diverpool, the witch hunt and subsequent unjust banning when his back-heel brushed the Scotty Parker 50's do, etcetera.

Some blue Ballo haters seem to extrapolate his sending off agaínst the tarquins and believe what they've been fed by the rag lovin media agenda.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Get him to replace Dzeko as the 3rd/4th choice striker and see if he's up for the challenge.

He's not first choice at the Dippers and I think of he came back he would try to knuckle down.

And if it didn't work out, he'd be an excellent signing for NYCFC.
+1

The Marmite comment is a good analogy. I thought Mario was an incredible talent.
I will always remember Mario passing the ball into the net at the Stretford End.
One day maybe he will grow up and a genius manager will get the best out of him.
Maybe it's a shame that Mario and Manuels paths never crossed. Who knows?

There arent many players that are worth the admission fee alone , but Mario was one of those players , you never knew what you would get , a brilliant goal , a sending off or a moody sulk , he was box office , and the modern game is short of characters. Unfortunately if you want to consistently win trophies , super mario is not the answer , his disruptive influence mostly negates the contribution he makes , but he will always be remembered by blues for his 93.20 assist . It would be a shame if he drifted out of the game and went to Turkey , MLS or Asia ,and also ironic that the media who have hounded the lad for years would end up driving him to a football backwater , and with it , the source of many of their headlines.

There arent many players that are worth the admission fee alone , but Mario was one of those players , you never knew what you would get , a brilliant goal , a sending off or a moody sulk , he was box office , and the modern game is short of characters. Unfortunately if you want to consistently win trophies , super mario is not the answer , his disruptive influence mostly negates the contribution he makes , but he will always be remembered by blues for his 93.20 assist . It would be a shame if he drifted out of the game and went to Turkey , MLS or Asia ,and also ironic that the media who have hounded the lad for years would end up driving him to a football backwater , and with it , the source of many of their headlines.
Fact.

Nice account of facts @malg

I wonder if there is something alike depicting the hate he received by the scum.

How many times was he targeted by bent refs, his sending off against the diverpool, the witch hunt and subsequent unjust banning when his back-heel brushed the Scotty Parker 50's do, etcetera.

Some blue Ballo haters seem to extrapolate his sending off agaínst the tarquins and believe what they've been fed by the rag lovin media agenda.
He stomped on him. Also funny how you brush over his sending off against Kiev which ruined our europa league chances and his sending off against west brom.

If he was half as good as you think he is he wouldnt have been sold, heck he cant even get in the liverpool side. He had he odd good performance (semi final against united, 6-1 at OT) but I never really saw what all the fuss was about.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.