How do you true blues feel about the enigmatic Mario Balotelli?

He stomped on him. Also funny how you brush over his sending off against Kiev which ruined our europa league chances and his sending off against west brom.

If he was good as you think he was he wouldnt have been sold, heck he cant even get in the liverpool side.

No he did not, the rag media slowed motion at hundreds of speeds the incident from 360 degrees angles, started a witch hunt and lynched Mario and canonised player of the year Scotty Parker to sainthood and martyrdom.

He's guilty of some stupid sending off's (just like Kompany) and falling for the provocation and histrionics of the thespian cheats and divers, but in the balance there were way more positives, as fondly recounted by @malg.

And... Brenda, end of story.

He stomped on him. Also funny how you brush over his sending off against Kiev which ruined our europa league chances and his sending off against west brom.

If he was half as good as you think he is he wouldnt have been sold, heck he cant even get in the liverpool side. He had he odd good performance (semi final against united, 6-1 at OT) but I never really saw what all the fuss was about.
That game against Kiev saved us a semi final against a Russian team (if I remember correctly) sandwiched between the semi against Utd in which Mario was superb so I don't give a toss about the sending off.

5877041022109458_c7a18ec8c01f40fedb25fef6503fb3716bbdca35c8a16bb9b9a5e0c0bcf07d16_:original

Stomp all day long for me

Its not just Rodgers though is it. Mourinho got fed up with him, then Mancini, then Allegri and its looks like Rodgers has had enough. I sense a pattern.

That game against Kiev saved us a semi final against a Russian team (if I remember correctly) sandwiched between the semi against Utd in which Mario was superb so I don't give a toss about the sending off.
That was a genuine chance to win a european trophy. Any how it was just a demonstration of how he could never be trusted. Complete mad arse.

To be balanced, we bumped into him at the Shell Service Station in Sedgley Park when he was filling up his white Maserati.

She went into pay and according to Mrs Mav he was very polite, friendly with the staff when paying. When he walked back to the car took time with people for pics etc.

Then he drove off like a hummingbird on speed.

Back to the main point. Quality player when he could be bothered trying and I don't get this "he can't be managed" stuff the meeeejia regurgitate. He's had enough chances. At some point if you have skills or talent at your job you knuckle down and err, do your job.

I hate to say this but it's quite easy to see him picking up a pay check for someone like Mentallist Shrekovea in a couple of years.

I'll always remember him fondly, forget the nonsense and childishness, he's a lad with a big heart, just not the right mentality to be a top draw professional footballer.

That said, it was him who kept his composure in the dying moments of the 2011/12 season, just inside the area, QPR players pressing him, on his back, but managing to brush the ball into Sergio's path... The rest is history.

There was also the MOTM performances against United in the FA Cup semi and Stoke in the final. A great performance and two goals in the 6-1.

On his day, a proper player. Just not at all often enough.

He has a good heart though, and I'll always remember him fondly. I'll remember that assist, the goals in the 6-1, shushing camel gob after we beat the rags at Wembley.

Some very fond memories, I'll hold onto them rather than the narrative the gutter press used to relentlessly peddle in his time here, which all too many blues bought into, unfortunately. I'm glad he was part of our recent success and I'll always remember him fondly.

Don't know how anyone could have anything but a warm and well wishing sentiment towards him, personally.

Good luck to the lad, hope he turn his career around.

An absolute cretin who has been found out by too many people to list.

(Balotelli, not me).

Beloved by children, people who jump on the football/city bandwagon and man-childs everywhere but rated purely as an average player, who was above average in his youth, by anyone who is only interested in the football.

Compare the bullshit that his fanboys come out with about his minimal contributions at City to the rhetoric that is spouted about someone like Dzeko. Dzeko's contributions are so far in advance of Balotelli's that it is not in the same ballpark. Yet they are viewed with some sort of perspective, with people clear that he has made key contributions whilst possibly still underachieving at times.

Yet, because the children thought they could brighten up their own mundane lives by living vicariously through Balotelli's 'mad' antics (half of which were made up anyway) his very limited contributions, amid a sea of sub-mediocrity, are built up to legendary acts in their minds.

The bloke is a completely self-obsessed clown, leading to his current status in the game as a bog standard striker who isn't even prepared to do the basics in the game and therefore spends his time unable to even get on the bench for a bang average team. There are at least a couple of dozen City players of recent years that City fans should appreciate more for their contributions and efforts than this chancer.

An absolute cretin who has been found out by too many people to list.

(Balotelli, not me).

Beloved by children, people who jump on the football/city bandwagon and man-childs everywhere but rated purely as an average player, who was above average in his youth, by anyone who is only interested in the football.

Compare the bullshit that his fanboys come out with about his minimal contributions at City to the rhetoric that is spouted about someone like Dzeko. Dzeko's contributions are so far in advance of Balotelli's that it is not in the same ballpark. Yet they are viewed with some sort of perspective, with people clear that he has made key contributions whilst possibly still underachieving at times.

Yet, because the children thought they could brighten up their own mundane lives by living vicariously through Balotelli's 'mad' antics (half of which were made up anyway) his very limited contributions, amid a sea of sub-mediocrity, are built up to legendary acts in their minds.

The bloke is a completely self-obsessed clown, leading to his current status in the game as a bog standard striker who isn't even prepared to do the basics in the game and therefore spends his time unable to even get on the bench for a bang average team. There are at least a couple of dozen City players of recent years that City fans should appreciate more for their contributions and efforts than this chancer.
I always found it was the miserable bastards who's own lives are mundane that didn't take to him. In fact when I see the usernames of those slagging him off its often the same ones who have a downer on most subjects.
I'd take him before Dzeko even now after his career has nosedived.
If it's all the same to you I'll decide which players past or present I appreciate.

Thank you Mario for that wonderful sending off against Arsenal.You clearly helped us win the league as the ban meant that your "Dad" couldn`t pick you for those remaining six games on a regular basis.Apart from that last minute pass to you know who.
People say the lad is talented,If thats the case why does he proceed to go down hill with every club hes been at.He hasn`t got the attitude to become a true talent in the footballing world.

Read a lot of conflicting opinions on here about Mario. Some hate and some love him. He is the footballing equivalent of marmite.

IMO I would have him back at the club in a heartbeat, and in honesty I think pellers would work wonders with him. I know most will disagree and that's fine just remember it's IMO. I think the club wouldn't have him back though, People keep saying on here he will be at a third league Russian club or something like that in a few years. I can't see it to be honest......I think Mario is the type of guy who will one day just disappear and he will probably go to the artic and live with penguins.

Im starting to think I may have a man crush on him,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.