How good were Pink Floyd?

They have sold millions of albums around the world for six decades, filling almost every venue they have played live, yet some claim they are not top musicians, or as big as the Smiths. Some fucking jokers on here that really believe the shit they write.

I can take or leave Pink Floyd.

As mentioned DSOTM and WYWH are classics, but I've always preferred Momentary Lapse Of Reason - shoot me down, but just love the album

Pick any instrument, buy one, practise for about 20 years and when you can play as good as anyone in Pink Floyd you can say that they are shit, come back on the thread and show us what you've got.

If you can write a song in 7/4 time signature and know what that means you'll be light years ahead of any 'they're over produced' or 'dinosaur rock tossers' critics who have been on this thread without the basic understanding of music.

Oh and produce a piece of music that will be in the American charts for 14 years. Can't see Jony open chord mars writing an opus to challenge that!!

They have sold millions of albums around the world for six decades, filling almost every venue they have played live, yet some claim they are not top musicians, or as big as the Smiths. Some fucking jokers on here that really believe the shit they write.

Fully agree with all that about their sales and popularity .... and in my yoof, I did give 'em a try, and can enjoy Shine On and Wish You Were Here title track, did go and see them at Maine Road once even .... but on the whole I find them dull and miserable as feck. Just not my thang I guess ... but don't 'hate' them ... (I save that for Acca Dacca and their one song career ...)

My lad is learning to play guitar, he sent me a video of him playing some tunes.. I told him, when you can play as well as David Gilmour I'll buy you a Stratocaster

Got me digging out albums and my office Sonos has been banging out Pulse since..... love Pink Floyd and wish I'd seen them live.... If they did a Pulse type gig again I'd be there.

Not likely I expect as they don't need the cash and have had major bust ups in recent years..

I only got into them in the early 90s so I missed the Maine Road gig, which I'm gutted about. I did see them at Earls Court in 1994 though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.