How good were Pink Floyd?

@OB1 How was Liam at Reading btw? Saw the Kasabian set and it was brilliant

I thought Liam was very good. Enjoyed his solo stuff and the closing Wonderwall could have been the highlight of the weekend until Brain Johnson joined Muse for Back in Black!

Muse, and I'm not a massive fan, were brilliant. Totally eclipsed Kasabian, who were enjoyable and also had a very pretty light show but not quite as good as Muse's.

I thought Liam was very good. Enjoyed his solo stuff and the closing Wonderwall could have been the highlight of the weekend until Brain Johnson joined Muse for Back in Black!

Muse, and I'm not a massive fan, were brilliant. Totally eclipsed Kasabian, who were enjoyable and also had a very pretty light show but not quite as good as Muse's.

Not a Muse fan at all - cant abide his singing - but now you've told me that, I'll have to get the set on iplayer and fast forward it to the last 10 mins then.

Interesting - and I'm a massive Rush fan btw, and I enjoyed Bruford with Genesis and Yes - but I do think your last sentence is confusing who is the best/most virtuoso player, with who produced the best music - not necessarily the same thing. Clearly Geddy Lee is a better bass player, but Waters playing was more than adequate for what was needed in Floyd - - because the the quality of their songwriting was so great. I wont compare them as lyricists as obvs Peart wrote the lyrics, but Waters wins on that count too imho

Rush for me, all day long. All great bands but Rush are one of my absolute favourites.

I do really like 2 of the tracks on Division Bell - Keep Talking and High Hopes which has incredible guitar on it - but the rest of the album pales a bit for me

'Coming Back To Life' and 'Poles Apart' are favourites off that album. Played on loop when i travelled across the states in 2010.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.