How good were Pink Floyd?

Interesting - and I'm a massive Rush fan btw, and I enjoyed Bruford with Genesis and Yes - but I do think your last sentence is confusing who is the best/most virtuoso player, with who produced the best music - not necessarily the same thing. Clearly Geddy Lee is a better bass player, but Waters playing was more than adequate for what was needed in Floyd - - because the the quality of their songwriting was so great. I wont compare them as lyricists as obvs Peart wrote the lyrics, but Waters wins on that count too imho
Here is a virtuoso bass player
This is incredibly hard to play

Interesting - and I'm a massive Rush fan btw, and I enjoyed Bruford with Genesis and Yes - but I do think your last sentence is confusing who is the best/most virtuoso player, with who produced the best music - not necessarily the same thing. Clearly Geddy Lee is a better bass player, but Waters playing was more than adequate for what was needed in Floyd - - because the the quality of their songwriting was so great. I wont compare them as lyricists as obvs Peart wrote the lyrics, but Waters wins on that count too imho

I agree as a conceptualist/lyrics writer Waters is a genius but I was talking about music chops. Obviously there is a difference.... David Gilmour's solo albums are hardly masterpieces. In fact several are absolute crapola.

Picked up a couple of tickets for the new Roger Waters tour today. Fook me it's bread and water till payday !!!:-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.