How good were Pink Floyd?

For all my spouting about Amused to Death I had not even heard his latest album when you wrote that. I have now and you are indeed correct in your assessment. For me it is littered with references from both his solo work and his time with the Floyd. A little bit of Animals, WYWH, The Final Cut, The Wall, DSOTM and even Amused to Death.

The reason for me not listening to it is I've been learning to play the Acoustic so if you're name wasn't 'Justin Guitar' or 'Andy Guitar' or 'Guitar Lessons 365' I wouldn't have been interested. Only been playing 10 months but I can already do 'versions' of 'Wait for her' ,'Deja Vu' and 'Oceans Apart/Part of me Died'. My take on it is 'Bitter Roger' is still sickened by the world but now feels he is appreciated for being the songwriting genius he is. The world is still fucked but Roger is happy now and he has charged me £100 to convey that message at the MEN next June. He's a nice man now.
He doesnt actually sing or play his bass live anymore, he uses a bass player and he mime's to a recording for his vocals
Im told he puts on a good show though
Ive never been a fan though, I always found him to be (like quite a few mega-stars) too preachy and hypocritical, John Lennon was another of that type.
Enjoy the show mate .

He doesnt actually sing or play his bass live anymore, he uses a bass player and he mime's to a recording for his vocals
Im told he puts on a good show though
Ive never been a fan though, I always found him to be (like quite a few mega-stars) too preachy and hypocritical, John Lennon was another of that type.
Enjoy the show mate .
I was lucky enough to see his show in Boston a few weeks ago. Too much Trump abuse (is that possible?!), but really great gig. Wasn’t apparent to me that he was mining and he was the only bassist. His lead guitarist/vocalist was excellent. Couldn’t recommend more, and the new album is great.

I was lucky enough to see his show in Boston a few weeks ago. Too much Trump abuse (is that possible?!), but really great gig. Wasn’t apparent to me that he was mining and he was the only bassist. His lead guitarist/vocalist was excellent. Couldn’t recommend more, and the new album is great.
Fuckin hell
Say summat a bit negative about PF and Roger/Dave fans jump down yer neck :)
You dont have to actually see the other bassist, its half backing tracks and half live. Roger doesnt have to play bass anymore, he is such a mega star that he can hire others to do that, theres a youtube of him getting up with some other band at a party recently, he tries to play a basic 12 bar blues on bass and he just cant, its like when you try to write a letter now, I find I cant really write so well these days after all this typing.

Roger has never been the best live singer, I dont care if he sings live (or half the other mime artists that do it)
Its the show that counts and if people feel they got they're moneys worth, thats all that counts.

Ive heard from my friends 'in the know' that McCartney sings every song live in the original key, and plays live bass, for about 2.5 hours, incredible for a guy his age.
Him & Roger must be making a shit load of money though.

Not really sure if Roger cannot play the bass anymore but as @nimrod says it's all about the show and when he did The Wall at the MEN in 2011 it was just as good as Earls Court in 94 and I never thought anything would come close. This time he's doing songs from the 4 greatest albums Floyd ever did (IMO) along with stuff from his new album which I also love.

A nigh on religious experience for me, a load of pretentious crap with miming and ghost players to someone else. I'm cool with this.

First time ever I have listen to Darkside of the moon album sorry what’s all the hype this album wouldn’t even be in my top 50.

Not as good as they thought they were. I prefer other people doing their stuff I can listen to. My mates love them, but they're a shower of cunts.

Just an observation.

They were superb. DSOTM, Meddle and Wish you were here and superb albums in particular.

Been to see a few tribute bands and loved them, gutted I wasn't old enough to see them live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.