How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11?

I think our squad is 3 players away from beeing the best in the world. But I wanted to make a point about how people judge Pogba(then/now), who I think would be perfect for us. In a midfield 3 of Silva, de Bruyne and Pogba if you want.
so which three players/positions do you think we are short. I feel it is more 4 squad players (cover for Jesus/Aguero, cover for left back, centreback and Fernadinho). If you put Silva, KDB and Pogba in the team, thats 3 attackers from 6. Fernandinho does the majority of the graft in midfield and I don't believe Pogba is disciplined enough to fill that position. He suits the rags as they play a more tradition English midfield. He can play more of a free role there like he did at Juve.

so which three players/positions do you think we are short. I feel it is more 4 squad players (cover for Jesus/Aguero, cover for left back, centreback and Fernadinho). If you put Silva, KDB and Pogba in the team, thats 3 attackers from 6. Fernandinho does the majority of the graft in midfield and I don't believe Pogba is disciplined enough to fill that position. He suits the rags as they play a more tradition English midfield. He can play more of a free role there like he did at Juve.
Dybala, Verratti and Gaya. And Gimenez/Laporte if Mangala leaves. Of course Maffeo back, Danilo out.

I think its clear to see, we need cover at centre half, that at the moment with Komps injury issues, Otamendi, although he had a good season up to now will always pick up yellows with the way he plays. Stones out for a considerable time, who? We have a good scouting system, a great manager, I'll leave it to them. Seen some want to swap hazard for sane, sanchez for sterling? Leave them alone, we at last are building a mixture of experience and youth and its working!

On Pogba/de Bruyne thread one can see that 90% wanted Pogba over de Bruyne here. Now, that he went to United, he is sh*t. A midfield of de Bruyne, Pogba and Fernandinho, under Pep, would be the best in the world. By far! Other than that, I can only see Hazard as a starter.
Yeah, it is silly to pretend Pogba isn't special. He is. Whether our team would be better with him instead of Silva is debatable.

This is not about our squad or swaping players. It s just what players do we think are good enough to play in our team. Hazard would certainly play.
The way the original question is framed ignites tribalism. Of course most would not want to trade their own for an outsider. But if you are asking who are the best 11 players in the league the the answer simply isn't City's starting 11.

Kane is currently the best striker in the league. Hazard is still the 2nd best attacking player after Kev. So off the bat, those 2 make it. Sadio Mane is the best pure wing forward in the league albeit his not as productive as our wing. Salah on the other hand isn't as good but has been more productive.

Ederson is better for us and I think every thing considered he is the best goalie in the league. Dr Gea is a better traditional shot stopper. Perhaps best in the world.

Our CBS are the 2 best playing CBS this season. Strangely, its the one position everyone seems to happy to concede inferiority. Its almost as if City fans don't watch City :(

If it was up to me, non of them, we are more than ok. I would not swap one of our players for another in the prem.

Especially that preening gimp Pogba. Stick Delph in midfield now and he would be just as productive i think.

If Pogba spent as much attention on his football as he does his image, he would be more than decent.
As it is, he's just about approaching, bang average.

what no Stones or Aguero, and I would rather Sane than Mane. Would Kane be able to do the defensive work that Aguero or Jesus have to do.
Well I guess I'm posting on a wrong thread. The reason why I feel it's going to be very hard to choose a single player per role is that many-a-times alternative players bring different things to the table so you could end up with choices such as this: Sane/Mane/Salah for a single role. For what its worth, Mo Salah would get my nod out of the lot simply because he's being plying his trade on the right for most of the season but Mane slightly edges it because he's been delivering consistently for longer. Sanchez doesn't get in for obvious reasons. I love what Pep is doing to kids like Sterling and Sane and it makes you wonder how great a manager he is. Imagine what he could achieve with more mature players playing at their very peak.

At LB, Delph has got a good shout but we must calm down a bit. Bertrand in fairness has not been bad at all and has been consistent for quite some time. I also thought about Caesar Apzi who I rate very highly but he's been plying his trade at RCB or occasionally LCB for quite some time. I probably would have picked him if I was using a 3-4-3 ish formation.

I know Kane may not give you the workrate you'd get from Jesus but I bet you if Pep gets a hold of Kane, we'll be talking about the next Lewandowski. So mine is a simple EPL eleven if for example we were going to play against La Liga's best 11.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.