How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11?

Can you imagine what Pep would do with Hazard and Mane on either side of the guy in the one-man team?
Was thinking about it and all I could do was just laugh.
Now imagine that behind them you have the creativity of KDB and Merlin???

simply beats imagination.....

As we are much shorter of left backs than we are of midfielders, it's not daft right now.
I doubt Pogba's ego would left him play left back whatever his ability.
I'm assuming as a hypothetical the question doesn't assume you can't get a leftback. Simply talent for talent it silly to suggest you'd take Delph over Pogba.

And even if we'd lack a leftback, of still take the deal and play Danilo there till January. I don't see a condition where I wouldn't take Pogba over Delph outside of being blue tinted.

Without any bias, I think individually these are the best players in their positions in the Premier League.

De Gea

Walker
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Mendy

Fernandinho
De Bruyne

Salah
Hazard
Sanchez

Morata

Having said that, I wouldn't change any of our players right now because as a collective, we are clearly the best in the league.

Well I guess I'm posting on a wrong thread. The reason why I feel it's going to be very hard to choose a single player per role is that many-a-times alternative players bring different things to the table so you could end up with choices such as this: Sane/Mane/Salah for a single role. For what its worth, Mo Salah would get my nod out of the lot simply because he's being plying his trade on the right for most of the season but Mane slightly edges it because he's been delivering consistently for longer. Sanchez doesn't get in for obvious reasons. I love what Pep is doing to kids like Sterling and Sane and it makes you wonder how great a manager he is. Imagine what he could achieve with more mature players playing at their very peak.

At LB, Delph has got a good shout but we must calm down a bit. Bertrand in fairness has not been bad at all and has been consistent for quite some time. I also thought about Caesar Apzi who I rate very highly but he's been plying his trade at RCB or occasionally LCB for quite some time. I probably would have picked him if I was using a 3-4-3 ish formation.

I know Kane may not give you the workrate you'd get from Jesus but I bet you if Pep gets a hold of Kane, we'll be talking about the next Lewandowski. So mine is a simple EPL eleven if for example we were going to play against La Liga's best 11.
This. I think the cohesion of our squad also helps everyone on the squad play better, but performance wise this season, John Stones Otamendi, Delph, Dihno, Silva an Debryune have all outperformed all comers at their position. Unfortunately the front 3 positions in spite of how good our players have been have others performing at a higher clip this season. Salah at Pool, Hazard at Chelsea and Kane at Spurs will all get in for their production.

And for what its worth, Delph has been consistently better than Betrand

Without any bias, I think individually these are the best players in their positions in the Premier League.

De Gea

Walker
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Mendy

Fernandinho
De Bruyne

Salah
Hazard
Sanchez

Morata

Having said that, I wouldn't change any of our players right now because as a collective, we are clearly the best in the league.
Well there is bias here. Are you saying these are the best players or they are playing the best?

Coz Mendy hasn't played enough to be labelled anything
Aldereiels and Vertoghen haven't been as good as Stones, Otamendi, Christiansen this season. Even though ill concede both might be historically better.

Sanchez isn't in the top 15 this season either. While Salah has been productive this season and he is top 3, one can't say he is more talented than Mane historically.

Your list doesn't seem to have consistency in what's beimg rated. And Morata is the 6th best striker in the league.

Last edited:
we could almost replace our starting 11 given the limits pep push them to.... not kev the red or dave the rave or stones though

I'm assuming as a hypothetical the question doesn't assume you can't get a leftback. Simply talent for talent it silly to suggest you'd take Delph over Pogba.

And even if we'd lack a leftback, of still take the deal and play Danilo there till January. I don't see a condition where I wouldn't take Pogba over Delph outside of being blue tinted.
Its all ifs and buts and what if's. However as it stands a direct swap of Pogba for Delph would weaken us, we don't appear to have anyone who can play left back anywhere as well as Delph just now. I don't doubt Pogba's ability unlike some here but he does not obviously strengthen our fist team as a direct replacement for anyone. I want to win the league and right now I would not swap him for Delph, which is not to say he is not a better player.

The way the original question is framed ignites tribalism. Of course most would not want to trade their own for an outsider. But if you are asking who are the best 11 players in the league the the answer simply isn't City's starting 11.

Kane is currently the best striker in the league. Hazard is still the 2nd best attacking player after Kev. So off the bat, those 2 make it. Sadio Mane is the best pure wing forward in the league albeit his not as productive as our wing. Salah on the other hand isn't as good but has been more productive.

Ederson is better for us and I think every thing considered he is the best goalie in the league. Dr Gea is a better traditional shot stopper. Perhaps best in the world.

Our CBS are the 2 best playing CBS this season. Strangely, its the one position everyone seems to happy to concede inferiority. Its almost as if City fans don't watch City :(
You are wright, I think people misunderstood the initial question. I think Pogba and Hazard would walk in any team in the world. Perhaps Kane and Coutinho as well. Other than that, our players are kind of the best in the league. When I see people preferring Alderweireld/Christensen/etc over Otamendi or Stones it makes me question. Statiscally, Otamendi was the best defender in the world last year. Before that he was the best defender in Spain. Thats why we bought him. But he is sh*t and Silva is the best player in the world. Strange..

Yeah, it is silly to pretend Pogba isn't special. He is. Whether our team would be better with him instead of Silva is debatable.
Everything is debatable, the point was that Pogba is an amazing player that would improve every team. Including ours. As for his way of beeing, let it be. He seems very similar to Balotelli and Mendy. Young, funny guys.

Its all ifs and buts and what if's. However as it stands a direct swap of Pogba for Delph would weaken us, we don't appear to have anyone who can play left back anywhere as well as Delph just now. I don't doubt Pogba's ability unlike some here but he does not obviously strengthen our fist team as a direct replacement for anyone. I want to win the league and right now I would not swap him for Delph, which is not to say he is not a better player.
If there was a posibility, I would take that deal and play Pogba as a lb. Or cb, rb, dm, st, whatever. You dont say no to a player like Pogba.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.