How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11?

This. I think the cohesion of our squad also helps everyone on the squad play better, but performance wise this season, John Stones Otamendi, Delph, Dihno, Silva an Debryune have all outperformed all comers at their position. Unfortunately the front 3 positions in spite of how good our players have been have others performing at a higher clip this season. Salah at Pool, Hazard at Chelsea and Kane at Spurs will all get in for their production.

And for what its worth, Delph has been consistently better than Betrand
I agree with most of your points but I'm a little wary of including names that have not quite ticked the "consistent" box. For me, "consistent" would have to date past the start of this season as we are just 13 games into the season. I was really tempted to add Delph's name because he's earned the right this season but I kinda restrained myself from doing so.

Not sure I'm unbiased enough to consider a first 11, but in terms of the players I'd have at our club from the others:

Chelsea - Azpilicueta, Christiansen, Hazard
Arsenal - Sanchez, maybe Lacazette
Liverpool - Salah, Mane, maybe Can
Spurs - Kane, Rose, Alderweireld
Rags - Martial, Bailly

Left off the keepers because realistically most of them (if not all) are better than Bravo but I'm comfortable with choosing Ederson over all of them considering how he fits into our style of play. Some players like Eriksen, Coutinho, Pogba, Alli, are good players but for me not consistent enough and not better than who we have starting in their positions. Then players like Morata, Lukaku, Kante, etc just wouldn't fit our style of play at all. I would consider putting Kane in this bracket but I think he is good enough overall to warrant a place.

I wouldn't even think for a second of replacing Silva with Pogba, but I would love to see what Pep could do with Pogba.
Pogba doesn't look like he can find space in the big games. That would definately be something Pep could teach him.
It would be interesting to see what Pep would do with Vardy.
I'm not sure if I've strayed off topic but, although I wouldn't swap our forwards, I think Pep would, quite easily turn Vardy into a goal machine.

Not sure I'm unbiased enough to consider a first 11, but in terms of the players I'd have at our club from the others:

Chelsea - Azpilicueta, Christiansen, Hazard
Arsenal - Sanchez, maybe Lacazette
Liverpool - Salah, Mane, maybe Can
Spurs - Kane, Rose, Alderweireld
Rags - Martial, Bailly

Left off the keepers because realistically most of them (if not all) are better than Bravo but I'm comfortable with choosing Ederson over all of them considering how he fits into our style of play. Some players like Eriksen, Coutinho, Pogba, Alli, are good players but for me not consistent enough and not better than who we have starting in their positions. Then players like Morata, Lukaku, Kante, etc just wouldn't fit our style of play at all. I would consider putting Kane in this bracket but I think he is good enough overall to warrant a place.
+1
The title of this thread is "How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11" - it's not "pick your P/L best 11" which many posters have done instead or in addition to. The title implies that Pep's the manager, we're going to play to his tactics/strategy - and given that, who among our rivals might displace current regular starters?

I like your selections (save the Rag selections - not simply because they're Rags, but b/c I honestly don't rate them) but disagree a lot with exclusion of Poga, Coutinho and Eriksen - all three would at least challenge for a starting spot in our squad and with better players around them would undoubtedly perform better individually. I'd love to see all three of them in our squad - as to who among them might start regularly for us, I think Pogba (inconsistency not withstanding) would have the best chance - especially given that Pep would motivate a player and wouldn't hesitate to drop an under-performer - do your best and excel, or you're on the bench/not a first choice starter.

Last edited:
Pogba doesn't look like he can find space in the big games. That would definately be something Pep could teach him.
It would be interesting to see what Pep would do with Vardy.
I'm not sure if I've strayed off topic but, although I wouldn't swap our forwards, I think Pep would, quite easily turn Vardy into a goal machine.
Definitely not a swap, but it would be interesting to see what Pep could do with Vardy as well.

And I agree about Pogba although I do think he did better at Juventus in that regard. That leads me to the suspicion it's about coaching.

I think Lukaku gets in definitely. He isn't as good as Aguero or Jesus but he can kick the fuck out of whoever he likes and not even give a foul away, which is a handy skill to have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.