How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11?

City against the best 11 from the other teams put together would be interesting, but I would fancy us to win. This time next season we would walk it

Yep I agree, I think we would win such a game.
From an ageing squad 2 years ago to this, and it’s only going to get worse for the rest in the next few years.

Hazard
Coutinho
Sanchez
Rose
Matic - Maybe

Listed these but would honestly struggle who to leave out on any given day, our balance is perfect when we are full strength so whilst there are players who are good enough, it's whether or not they would contribute as much in our side and maybe upset the balance. Great dilemma to have though..

from the league

---------------Ederson
Walker---Stones----Toby----Mendy
-----------------Dinho-----------------
------------KDB--------Silva----------
Mane-----------Kane---------Hazard

from europe

---------------Ederson
Walker---Stones---Ramos---Marcelo
-----------------Buesquets-------------
-----------KDB-----------Silva---------
Messi-------Lewandowski----Neymar

I'm not sure any keeper would get into our squad on the basis of what's important to the style pep wants, edi passes as good if not better than most midfielders in the prem.none of the other prem keepers come near him for passing.
I agree with this. On paper De Gear is a better keeper but he wouldn't bring to the team what Edi brings. Plus Edi hasn't really been tested much this season, so I wouldn't want to drop his distribution for a keeper that might be a better shot stopper when tested. I really didn't understand why Pep wanted a keeper that's good with his feet over one with good goal keeping skills. It baffled me to be honest. But it' blatantly obvious now with Edi in goals. Can't believe I doubted him.

We've been doing well but can't help but think we could do with some muscle and aggression to keep us stable when our form drops, Bailly, Pogba, Alli, Giroud possibly. Don't think it's a coincidence that Pochettino and Mourinho look for players of a certain physical stature where we sign mostly midgets.

We've been doing well but can't help but think we could do with some muscle and aggression to keep us stable when our form drops, Bailly, Pogba, Alli, Giroud possibly. Don't think it's a coincidence that Pochettino and Mourinho look for players of a certain physical stature where we sign mostly midgets.
Waiter, a pint of what this man is drinking! Giroud can't even get into the Arsenal team, so why would we want him? As for the 2 rags, definitely something in your drink. Alli - can't stand him, but he might make the bench.
As for us buying "midgets", remind me again how we are doing this season. We may need height in defence when playing against hoofball teams - WBA, Stoke, rags, but they've got to get the ball off us first.

Hazard
Coutinho
Sanchez
Rose
Matic - Maybe

Listed these but would honestly struggle who to leave out on any given day, our balance is perfect when we are full strength so whilst there are players who are good enough, it's whether or not they would contribute as much in our side and maybe upset the balance. Great dilemma to have though..
We've got a far better player in Toure than Matic - both are now slow and cumbersome, but would do an adequate job as a standby. Are you suggesting we have a standby standby in Matic? ;-)

We'll go with

----------------Ederson---------

Walker - Otamendi -Stones -- Delph

-------------Fernandinho--------------

-----Silva-----De Bruyne--------

Sterling----Jesus/Aguero-----Sane

Mendy is long term injured so your lists can be with Delph and then without.

Chelsea:
Hazard (over Sane or Sterling), Azpilicueta (over Delph), Kante (maybe - probably not), Christensen (maybe - probably not), Courtois (maybe -probably not). 2 in. 3 maybes

Arsenal:
Sanchez (over Sane or Sterling), Monreal (maybe -over Delph). 1 in. 1 maybe

Man United:
De Gea (maybe over Moraes), Pogba (maybe over Silva), Martial (maybe - probably not ), Bailly (maybe). 4 maybes

Spurs:
Rose (over Delph), Kane (maybe), Eriksen (maybe), Alderweild (maybe), Alli (maybe). 1 in. 4 maybes.

Liverpool:
Coutinho (probably over Silva, close), Mane (maybe), Salah (maybe). 1 in. 2 maybes.

Kieran trippier

Hazard would walk into this team with his eyes closed. Some of you are insane. That's the only player that would start for us though. Maybe Rose for Delph.

David Silva is a consistant performance scorer of 8/10. If he drops below that we all think he's had a poor game

Coutinho raises his performance to an 8/10 game and everyone marvels at him
Spot on Dickie Davies. It's why Gary Neville has said David's the best player in the Prem.

Hazard would walk into this team with his eyes closed. Some of you are insane. That's the only player that would start for us though. Maybe Rose for Delph.
Chrisdunk - Hazard is a massively good player, but he went missing for almost 12 months. Ozil, another huge talent, went missing for even longer. David on the other hand never goes missing. Consistency is what elevates David above Hazard and Ozil. You can always rely on David, but Hazard's and Ozil's track records over a significant period indicates that you can never be sure whether they'll turn up in the non-televised lower profile games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.