How many points to win the league?

I thought Liverpool had already won it yesterday by the reaction at the final whistle and that twat Tyler.

Just ran through a league predictor, being relatively pessimistic for City and optimistic for the rags. We still won the league by 7 points. I had us losing at Arsenal and Spurs, drawing at Everton and drawing at home v Chelsea and the rags, and the rags going unbeaten and only drawing with Spurs and us. Sorry to say to all those who took a punt, we didn't make it to 100 goals, though!

Just ran through a league predictor, being relatively pessimistic for City and optimistic for the rags. We still won the league by 7 points. I had us losing at Arsenal and Spurs, drawing at Everton and drawing at home v Chelsea and the rags, and the rags going unbeaten and only drawing with Spurs and us. Sorry to say to all those who took a punt, we didn't make it to 100 goals, though!

Bastard. You're now going onto my ignore list

My mate has a seven month old lad,who'd never seen us lose.I said what about the Shakter game,he said he slept all the way through it.Typical city humour.

Are we having a MOTM thread?
I'm gagging to give Bernardo the vote. 0nly on from the 71st minute but he turned the match on it's head.

Home matches remaining:

Newcastle, WBA, Leicester, Chelsea, Brighton, United, Swansea, Huddersfield.

Away matches remaining:

Burnley, Arsenal, Stoke, Everton, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton.

Let's say we take 6W, 2D at home and even 2W, 3D, 2L away. That's 2.5 points per game at home and 1.29 point per game away (this season we're averaging 2.82 points per game at home and 2.58 points per game away). 8W, 5D, 2L. Those results in the next 15 would project out to 73 or 74 points for a full, 38-match season.

Even under that unlikely scenario we still finish on 91 points. With our far superior goal difference practically clinching the tiebreaker for us, any title challenger would need 92, meaning:

The rags need 45 of a possible 48 points.
Liverpool need 45 of a possible 45 points.
Chelsea need 45 of a possible 45 points.
Spurs can't even mathematically reach that total.
Arsenal are irrelevant.

At this point it is about staying as healthy as possible, bringing in a player or two this month, and wrapping the title up as soon as possible to be able to play strong sides in the FA Cup and the Champions League.

If we lose 12 points and the rags lose 4 for the rest of the season, the gap would be 4 points wouldn't it?

1 Man City 62 +50
2 Man Utd 50 +32
3 Liverpool 47 +26
4 Chelsea 47 +25
5 Spurs 44 +25
6 Arsenal 39 +11

Surely it's only united who can realistically catch us now.

As long as we keep the points lead over 2nd place no lower than 12 points (which would be a hard task in itself of course), we only need to win our next 12 games (up to game 35, the home game against Swansea) to win the title at 98 points. Which would mean that even if we lost the last 3 games of the season, we would still win the title. This assumes of course that United does not f**k up (i.e. draw/lose more times than we do) between now and the 34th game. Realistically speaking I feel that there is a good chance the title might actually be won at the Manchester Derby game (at home) on the 7th of April considering how inconsistant (compared to us) United have been this season.

Personally 87 points is what I think we could finish on in our worse case scenario, rags and chelsea wont get more than 85

It may be a little tighter than we think (9 points), but sill have it won by easter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.