How many Premier League teams play 'good, attacking' football?

I've never understood the praise Liverpool got for their attacking football, its as dull as they come in my eyes. I think Tuchel will have Chelsea playing really nice stuff once he's got them how he wants them. Leicester play good stuff if they're not up against a top 4 side, Brighton are lovely to watch until they get to the box, Leeds are entertaining. Southampton play nice enough stuff for their level, villa decent. Norwich and Brentford both play good stuff, not sure they'll be able to in the Premier league though.

At the top there's few teams that play nice football because the desire and demand to win outweighs it. Spurs used to play decent stuff, not anymore and nuno won't help that, Arsenal just exist and United's entire philosophy is run very fast and win penalties.

Even we aren't as exciting as we once were. We are far more likely to settle and see games out now with a narrow lead than to go for the kill.
Enjoyed your post. Pretty good summary. Loved the United bit.

I've never understood the praise Liverpool got for their attacking football, its as dull as they come in my eyes. I think Tuchel will have Chelsea playing really nice stuff once he's got them how he wants them. Leicester play good stuff if they're not up against a top 4 side, Brighton are lovely to watch until they get to the box, Leeds are entertaining. Southampton play nice enough stuff for their level, villa decent. Norwich and Brentford both play good stuff, not sure they'll be able to in the Premier league though.

At the top there's few teams that play nice football because the desire and demand to win outweighs it. Spurs used to play decent stuff, not anymore and nuno won't help that, Arsenal just exist and United's entire philosophy is run very fast and win penalties.

Even we aren't as exciting as we once were. We are far more likely to settle and see games out now with a narrow lead than to go for the kill.
Dippers play Ferguson style on speed. Cross, Cross, Cross until it's deflected to their player, an own goal or they dive for a pen.

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Leicester
Leeds
Brighton
Probably Brentford

That's a good start!
Norwich usually try, West Ham were good going forward last season. Everton started brightly but faded.
Spurs without Mourinho like to attack, Arsenal do too.
Southampton gave City a challenge last year attacking.

It does sometimes depend on who teams are playing, but not for all - Southampton/Leeds backed themselves and didn't care, whereas others will try to hang on (Newcastle mostly) against the better teams.

I think the concept as phrased is a bit leading. That may come from the use of the word 'good' in the term, which is very subjective. (as a comparison, I can't imagine what a team playing "good defensive football" might look like). I thought last season that City played in fits and starts but according to a plan to survive the season - get a couple of goals up and then play out time without over-exertion - is that good attacking football?

Most of the league, even Steve Bruce, noticed last season that attacking was worthwhile and tended to reap rewards. Newcastle bought decent forwards and when they were fit, were pretty good to watch. Burnley have a system that works enough times for them to largely persist with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.