How many will we promote by the end of the season into the first team squad?

leighton

I think with the way we are playing in the league and this season that this season we could see a few more academy players given time on the first team pitch. IF we keep going the way we are doing and keep this winning run going the league could well be over by Easter. Depending on how we do with going for the invinicibles in the league i do wonder if we will see more from the academy players in the tail end of the season. IF we have the league sorted and still in the champions league we could well rest some for the champions league games and giving the younger lads a run out in a winning side. Something in the past we could never do when we won our last 2 titles.
This season we could see the likes of some of the kids getting a winners medal in the league this season. I can honestly say I cant remember many teams being able to do that when going for the title. Maybe 1 might get 1 but here we could nearly be looking at 4 if we do well in the coming months. In Fodden , Diaz , Zinchenko and Tosin those 4 guys must be hoping that they will be able to be promoted into the first team and get enough games to win a medal.

Strange thread. Everyone you mention is already in the first team squad. Who do you expect to be promoted?

Strange thread. Everyone you mention is already in the first team squad. Who do you expect to be promoted?
Phil Foden: 1 PL appearance
Brahim Diaz: 0 PL appearances
Oleks: 1 PL appearance
Tosin: 0 PL appearances

They play in the reserve league. They are in the Elite Development Squad. They may join a few training sessions, even sit on the bench every now again (particularly Oleks), but they haven't broken into the squad YET. The OP's question is fair enough...

With a world cup coming up I think it is unlikely that many kids will get a chance as the second choice players (e.g. Gundogan, Danilo, Bernado) will be desperate for games to secure their national squad places.

Phil Foden: 1 PL appearance
Brahim Diaz: 0 PL appearances
Oleks: 1 PL appearance
Tosin: 0 PL appearances

They play in the reserve league. They are in the Elite Development Squad. They may join a few training sessions, even sit on the bench every now again (particularly Oleks), but they haven't broken into the squad YET. The OP's question is fair enough...
I was under the impression that they train with the first team all the time and have done since pre-season.

The four mentioned will i am sure be eased gently into the team but there are some big money sinings in front on them waiting to show what they can do .would expect to see quite a bit of them next season though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.