How Much? Football Boots

Don't get me wrong, they're probably the best boots that they're capable of making, but that's not why they're so expensive. They're expensive so that Cristiano Ronaldo can afford his car insurance. I'd be amazed if they cost more than £20 to make.

I remember having a pair of Gola for less than a tenner and done a good job. It started to get silly when they released the Adidas Predator boots then prices seemed to get more and more extreme

I remember having a pair of Gola for less than a tenner and done a good job. It started to get silly when they released the Adidas Predator boots then prices seemed to get more and more extreme

Did you ever see the TV documentary on how Predator boots were developed?
It was an idea of Craig Johnston's (former Liverpool player) and the original intention was for cheap footwear
Eventually when Adidas took the design, it was then marketed as a performance enhancing product so has been retailed at a premium

After retiring from playing football, Johnston found success as a businessman and innovator, designing and creating the prototype for Adidas' Predatorfootball boot, worn by many of the world's top players of both football and rugby including Zinedine Zidane, David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Xavi, Jonny Wilkinson and Ronan O'Gara. He later designed another innovative boot called The Pig or, to give them their full title, the Patented Interactive Grip can come as a 'skin' that can be placed over the toe of an existing boot. Getting the first boot off the ground took Johnston 5 years and was initially refused by Adidas, as well as Nike and Reebok. However, Johnston had filmed Franz Beckenbauer using the boots in Germany in snowy conditions, and its increased grip led to Adidas agreeing to the proposal.

Did you ever see the TV documentary on how Predator boots were developed?
It was an idea of Craig Johnston's (forh Liverpool player) and the original intention was for cheap footwear
Eventually when Adidas took the design, it was then marketed as a performance enhancing product so has been retailed at a premium

After retiring from playing football, Johnston found success as a businessman and innovator, designing and creating the prototype for Adidas' Predatorfootball boot, worn by many of the world's top players of both football and rugby including Zinedine Zidane, David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Xavi, Jonny Wilkinson and Ronan O'Gara. He later designed another innovative boot called The Pig or, to give them their full title, the Patented Interactive Grip can come as a 'skin' that can be placed over the toe of an existing boot. Getting the first boot off the ground took Johnston 5 years and was initially refused by Adidas, as well as Nike and Reebok. However, Johnston had filmed Franz Beckenbauer using the boots in Germany in snowy conditions, and its increased grip led to Adidas agreeing to the proposal.
I think I remembered a documentary or snippet back in the day, he wanted a grip like a bouncy ball and stuff. I think the price back then was around 70 quid that must have been around 1994. Every tom dick and Harry wanted them

I think I remembered a documentary or snippet back in the day, he wanted a grip like a bouncy ball and stuff. I think the price back then was around 70 quid that must have been around 1994. Every tom dick and Harry wanted them

Yeah, everyone in my school worse adidas predator astro turfs instead of school shoes

Yeah, everyone in my school worse adidas predator astro turfs instead of school shoes
Mine too my old man couldn't afford it and I would have never asked him to buy me them either! I remember they brang out the Adidas Power Soccer game on the playstation shortly after. Adidas made a right killing. Didn't Beckham start wearing them too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.