How 'Plugged In' Are You...?

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
Besides the Tablet or PC for watching stuff, I can take or leave any other form of social media/ contact. I'm an information absorbent. I listen to a heck of a lot to news, I must admit, both here and in the States and I plug into programme content as football, TV series or films. I don't do domestic TV.

I don't do text or calls very well, at ALL!!

And that's me.

I don't know if that's the new 'normal' or not!

How do you see yourself...?

I keep a balance, bought a phone, couldn't open that thick plastic case so chucked it across the room and there it rests still. I have fb but only go on to check stuff worth checking then i am off.

Besides here and 1-2 irc chans and one other forum i do not interact to much online, i do not have twitter or instagram for example.

Use my phone for very little, the odd text, music on my bike etc...

Do use a PC a lot for gaming etc etc.

Don't watch much TV.

Have social media but rarely use it/ look at it and it's not on my phone.

Listen to a lot of radio and read books.

I do love tech though, love the way my music is accessible to me everywhere. I have Sonos for example and a car with USB/ DAB etc etc but I also have a large vinyl collection.

My iPhone does everything I need. I work in IT so last thing I want to do when I get home is go on a laptop or tablet

Was thinking about this yesterday, and how it affects my head.
I have my phone on me at all times as i'm the go to guy in times of family crisis and despite my best efforts i'm never truly alone or 'unplugged'.
I also recently joined the facebook for business promotion but have to have a personal page as well. Now these fuckers try their hardest to shape your mind. Every day it asks 'what am i thinking' and every day i reply 'fuck off, none of your business'. It sent me a pic of a friends old dog the other day as a 'reward' for having 50 friends or summat. The dog died 6 months ago.

At work i've just got into the 21st century and am now online all day. Really useful for tracking down hard to find stock and another boost for trade. I even got the WHU game on on Thursday which is another bonus.

In fact the only time i'm disconnected is on my early morning walk with the dogs. Just me, them and the birds. It's luxury.

Was thinking about this yesterday, and how it affects my head.
I have my phone on me at all times as i'm the go to guy in times of family crisis and despite my best efforts i'm never truly alone or 'unplugged'.
I also recently joined the facebook for business promotion but have to have a personal page as well. Now these fuckers try their hardest to shape your mind. Every day it asks 'what am i thinking' and every day i reply 'fuck off, none of your business'. It sent me a pic of a friends old dog the other day as a 'reward' for having 50 friends or summat. The dog died 6 months ago.

At work i've just got into the 21st century and am now online all day. Really useful for tracking down hard to find stock and another boost for trade. I even got the WHU game on on Thursday which is another bonus.

In fact the only time i'm disconnected is on my early morning walk with the dogs. Just me, them and the birds. It's luxury.

That's very interesting. Saving money to do my own thing, next year (finally!!) and the thought of being almost permanently 'jacked in' is giving me jitters, but it's a necessary evil for what I what to do.

Gives me food for thought.

Thanks.

That's very interesting. Saving money to do my own thing, next year (finally!!) and the thought of being almost permanently 'jacked in' is giving me jitters, but it's a necessary evil for what I what to do.

Gives me food for thought.

Thanks.

After lots of pissing about i now have facebook working well for me. Was tricky at first but now i know how to seperate business from personal it's pretty simple, and very effective.
Works well for me as the majority of my punters are women and they love to share. Don't think it would compliment every type of business but for a high street retail outfit offering a service the 'reach' it gives me is better than any paid for advertising.

I never had Facebook before January this year. And while it's been good to reacquaint with old friends I think I preferred my life when I wasn't on it and after a few months of continual checking in I've started to not go on anymore again.

I'm on no other form of social media from Twitter to Tinder.

You know what I don't like n'all? When messaging on any of the forms of messaging I have, iMessage/WhatsApp/FBMessenger, I don't like people knowing whether I'm online or whether I've read a message or even that I've received it. I try and turn off all of those things but on FBMessenger you can't really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.