How powerful is the media?

Somud

Isnt it interesting how no one talks about the blatant penalties not given to Barca tonight or even mention the legit Messi goal that was disallowed at the Emirates? Arsenal has not been unlucky with ref, they should focus on their game, as they were clearly inferior over the two legs. The media just tells people what to focus on (in this case, the media wants people to focus all their attention on the Van Persie episode) and people follow like sheep without thinking themselves it seems.

Look no further than how easily people believe we constantly play 3DMs or how we still have double training sessions. Hell, even a media man made himself look stupid because he heard in the media that Mancini was in the stands the day Hughes was sacked.

it shows you how easily people can be led.

scary to think there are so many fucking idiots out there.

I think the Internet is even more helping with fake Informations. Usually Magazines do 50% true Job, where you have to decide easy. But on the Internet its going like hell, even thinking of caughtoffside or 4-4-2 makes me sick.

'people follow it like sheep without thinking themselves'. Only a fucktard would do that. The van Persie sending off was criminal, absolutely fucking criminal. That said though only a complete idiot would look at that as their downfall. van Persie may as well not have played anyway, he was that non-existent. Kind of like when we play with Jo, it's the equivalent of playing with 10 men, and that is basically what Arsenal played with last night both before and after the sending off. Barca were the better team by far. Arsenal were given a new bumhole basically, and no-one should have to rely on other info to come to that conclusion, unless of course they are a fucktard.
The media is only as powerful as your mind wants it to be. If you want to believe the media all hate City and want us to fail, you will focus on that as part of your rant against them. If, like me, you couldn't give two dicks about what the media say about us and come to your own conclusion, well the media may as well not exist.

The footballin' media have an agenda which they set out in stone during the pre-season and everything they write and everything that happens has to conform to that agenda. When there are clear variations such as The Dippers not havin' any inclusion in TheNewTopFour, the media begin a witch hunt on those teams, north of Watford, who have 'nicked' their place.

The hacks have a set of contacts/managers/clubs/club apparatchiks which delivers them little tit-bits for their papers/programmes and they cultivate those with favourable reviews, reports and articles.

CFC got a bit of stick from them when the Russian money appeared but nothing like the crap the Arab money at MCFC produced.

I remember Henry Winter asking Roberto Mancini at a press conference whether he was happy with our owners. I wonder if he'd ever asked that of Ferguson, or Wenger or Redknapp?

It's not a bit of wonder that the paper that sells most copies in this country is The Sun.

The media is extremely influential, yet this should not be the case, as opinions should not really put forward by the media. Their job is to 'report' the news, the facts, not uses a page full of adjectives, or with hold information to sway an opinion, the reader/viewer/listener should form an opinion of their own due to the facts presented.

But for many now, it seems that to jump on a certain cause/team helps sell the product, so that's what happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.