HTC - Activate Chat

pudge

During the set up process on my phone I receieved this notification;

10ohann.png

Regardless of wheter I choose to cancel or activate whatever it is the notification will disappear for a little while then pop up again later. Also if I turn off my phone then it comes back as soon as it turns on, same when I restart it.

When I used a cleaning app on my phone I saw this;

30idjpi.png

The "Chat Service" imo refers to the notification I keep receiving, the icons are the same. The colour of it again indicates to me that it's a HTC service.

However, Vodafone and HTC keep passing me off to the other saying it's the other's fault and they don't know. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Settings - Apps - All apps - Select App - Disable App. HTC should have told you this on the phone, tut tut.

It doesn't allow me to disable it though, it's shaded out.

Although you are correct that HTC didn't tell me this but I am now ashamed I didn't check there myself.

It doesn't allow me to disable it though, it's shaded out.

Although you are correct that HTC didn't tell me this but I am now ashamed I didn't check there myself.

It should allow you to disable any app that you can't uninstall, what model is it?

It should allow you to disable any app that you can't uninstall, what model is it?
The M9. Force Stop says it might cause it to misbehave, is it completely seperate to the standard text service? Meaning it won't make a difference if it misbehaves or not because I wont be using it?

e7cdua.png

The M9. Force Stop says it might cause it to misbehave, is it completely seperate to the standard text service? Meaning it won't make a difference if it misbehaves or not because I wont be using it?

e7cdua.png

The m8 lets you disable them anyway, I had one until I lost my temper with it :( Force stop it if you want and feel free to ignore that warning in future.

The m8 lets you disable them anyway, I had one until I lost my temper with it :( Force stop it if you want and feel free to ignore that warning in future.
Am I right in assuming the two are the same? I've been given the run around from HTC as they say they don't know what it is but it seems pretty clear to me.

Am I right in assuming the two are the same? I've been given the run around from HTC as they say they don't know what it is but it seems pretty clear to me.

I had the HTC one and it was pretty different to the m8 in terms of what you could and couldn't change round. Force stop it and if that doesn't work move your files onto a memory card and factory reset it to see if that helps.

Yeah, force stop hasn't fixed it unfortunately.

Doesn't even let you disable notifications.

Yeah, force stop hasn't fixed it unfortunately.

Doesn't even let you disable notifications.

Try a factory reset and if that doesn't work just put your no in to shut it up and then don't use it :). I love the HTC phones but when they're annoying...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.