HTC not connecting to home wifi

ob

My HTC phone won't connect it says authentication problems

Laptop, work phone and tablet all connect ok

HTC will connect when I use other devices as a hotspot

I've tried forget network and connect again, it asks for password which I type in (others don't ask) and it has never ask for password before normally connects automatically, turned both phone and Virgin superhub off and on again

Have you tried another WiFi network at all? If so how did you get on (so to speak ;) )

I did see someone suggest that changing the routers WiFi channel to channel 1 or 13 (by default its on 6 apparently) may help and changing the security protocol to WPA/WPA 2 PSK and making sure its on b+g+n

Thanks for reply mate, connected fine to work WiFi today

I didn't didn't want to make changes to router unless as last resort as all other devices connect fine

Thanks for reply mate, connected fine to work WiFi today

I didn't didn't want to make changes to router unless as last resort as all other devices connect fine
Rules out the phone as the problem then.

Making the suggested changes to the router shouldn't affect the other devices, not that I'm sure it'll help but until you try...

Cheers pal, as watching game tonight online will make changes you suggest over next few days and let you know

Thanks again

I presume that your router doesn't have a physical button on the router which you press after trying to connect BTW?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.