Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If willy is now 1st choice, then bravo will play. We always use 2nd keeper in fa cup

Yeah we seem to recently, but I would put Cabbelero in again. I think we need some consistency at the back and it feels like Cabbelero is beginning to get a bit of confidence / the defence trust him. Plus Huddersfield will be whipping in the crosses and Bravo will struggle. If we get the win, we've got a great chance of another Wembley final. Maybe harsh on Bravo but I just don't trust him.

If the Monaco game wasn't so soon I think he would go full strength with us having a 2 week rest after that, however it is, so I can see plenty of rotation for this:

---------------------Bravo/Willy
Sagna-------Kompany------Otamendi/AK-------Clichy
--------------------Fernandinho
----------Silva/KDB------------Delph
Nolito---------------Kun/Nacho----------------Sane

Bench - Give Sancho one of the 7 spots, he's earned it for me.

Think Bravo will return, I would go with Willy as he's been so good but I think Pep will give Bravo his chance.
Finally get Kompany some minutes, i'd put Otamendi alongside him but since when does Pep leave Kolarov out, rest Stones for Monaco.
Still need to go fairly strong in midfield, Huddersfield won't roll over. Keep Fern in there for his energy, rest 1 of De Bruyne or Silva, give Delph some minutes (being a Leeds lad i'm sure he'd love to play in this one).
Almost tempted to say stick Sterling & Sane out there but surely he'll rest one of them to give Nolito (possibly even Navas) some game time.
As for the striker, if Jesus is fine then play Kun and play Jesus against Monaco. If it's a bit more serious play Kelechi and play Kun against Monaco.

Maybe he'll do that Pellegrini thing (usually with Toure/Fernandinho) where he gives them 45 mins each?
The squad is strong at the moment, bar the obvious defensive deficiencies, so there is plenty of scope for decent rotation - only have to look at who didn't even make the bench tonight - Navas, Kelechi, Zabba, Clichy!

anthony taylor is the ref for this so injuries and sendings-off for us assured. Stick the kids out.
In 37 years of watching city and seeing quite a lot of terrible referee decisions (does anyone remember the perfectly good goal disallowed about 15 years ago because of an offside player that never touched the ball or made a play for it? I am sure it was a relegation season) no referee has annoyed me more than that rag. I think his decisions will cost us the title.

Big game again and if we rest to many we will definately get our comeupance in a very tricky tie
Bravo
Zab
Clichy
Vinny
Ottomendi
Fernandho
Fernandhino
Sane
Navas
Nolito
Kun

In 37 years of watching city and seeing quite a lot of terrible referee decisions (does anyone remember the perfectly good goal disallowed about 15 years ago because of an offside player that never touched the ball or made a play for it? I am sure it was a relegation season) no referee has annoyed me more than that rag. I think his decisions will cost us the title.
He cannot impact premier title other than through few reds so be prepared for those. Pep should be smart and bring out kids for this and only keep few regular team players and avoid injuries as well just when Champ league is starting.

The Jesus injury has thrown a spanner in the works. if he is out for Monaco, then can we risk Aguero vs Huddersfield?

If jesus is fit, I think he will start against Monaco and it will be a very similar team to the one we played tonight against Monaco.

So I'd play

------------------Bravo
Sagna--Kompany--Kolarov--Clichy
----------------Fernando
------------Silva----Delph
-------Navas---Aguero---Nolito

I keep thinking Nolito will surely get a game. I thought he was really good at the start of the season, but Guardiola has taken him out of the picture. Perhaps he thinks he is a red card risk

I'd rotate Silva with De Bruyne at half time. It's unfortunate timing with the Monaco game. Could have done with it being on a Weds to get an extra days rest. 72 hours is the minimal recovery time for maximal exertion and that puts it right on the borderline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.