Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He cannot impact premier title other than through few reds so be prepared for those. Pep should be smart and bring out kids for this and only keep few regular team players and avoid injuries as well just when Champ league is starting.
He already HAS impacted the title through his decisions in the Chelsea home match. The game was a 6 point swing and the two reds were a consequence of that. He now has an opportunity to impact our fa cup and I have no doubt he will officiate us in the league again before the end of the season.

In 37 years of watching city and seeing quite a lot of terrible referee decisions (does anyone remember the perfectly good goal disallowed about 15 years ago because of an offside player that never touched the ball or made a play for it? I am sure it was a relegation season) no referee has annoyed me more than that rag. I think his decisions will cost us the title.
If not for the cheating **** taylor we'd be 2 points off the chavs now, minimum.

No matter what way anyone looks at this it represents realistically our best chance of winning anything this season so it has to be a strong team.
Why some are suggesting Bravo goes back in goals is beyond me keep Willy C in!

IMO he goes for Bravo no matter what here, ditto Nolito and Delph. As others have noted, Huddersfield are unlikely to play a full strength side, they can't due to be Mooy being ineligible regardless, as they will understandably be prioritizing their promotion push (currently 3rd in the Championship, but it's tight)

Yes, magic of the cup and all that, but we need to rotate and make use of our deep squad with Monaco looming three days later.

.............Caballero...............
Zabaleta Kompany Kolorov Clichy
.......Fernando .....Delph.........
Sterling ..Sane ..Aguero ..Sancho

Subs: Gunn, Stones, Sagna, Fernandinho, Diaz, Navas, Iheanacho

I'd play with a very fast attack and include Sancho. Sterling, Sancho and Sane all bombing forward to lay it back to the slower Aguero. Fernando and Delph to just get in the way of Huddersfield and pass wide to our fast wingers when they get the ball. The back 4 should hold solid because Huddersfield will be tough to deal with IMO. And I'd play Caballero to continue to show confidence. (I'd also put Gunn and Diaz on the bench for the experience)

I'd like to see Iheanacho come on for 30+ mins to replace Aguero. I think he'd work well in that role of the last to arrive on the break.

4-4 2
Aguero needs some game time to get him back up to speed
Let's try and get the match won in an hour and then sub Kun off

................Bravo

Zabba.... Kompany... Ottamendi.... Clichy

Navas.... Fernando...Delph....Nolito

............Kelechi... Aguero

If Jesus looks doubtful for Monaco after his scan I'd start Nolito up front and use Nacho from the bench.

I'd also look to give Kompany 45 mins at least from the start with the CL game in mind.

IMO he goes for Bravo no matter what here, ditto Nolito and Delph. As others have noted, Huddersfield are unlikely to play a full strength side, they can't due to be Mooy being ineligible regardless, as they will understandably be prioritizing their promotion push (currently 3rd in the Championship, but it's tight)

Yes, magic of the cup and all that, but we need to rotate and make use of our deep squad with Monaco looming three days later.
We need to rotate, but not clear as to what team we will play against Monaco. I can see us recalling Bravo for that game, and playing a little bit more cautiously. Do we go for the experience of Aguero? Perhaps. I think the team we play against Monaco will select the team against Huddersfield because as you say with it being on a Tuesday we'd be weakening our game if we played the same players twice in a few days. Maybe central defenders could play twice, and a keeper.

Huddersfield should prioritise the Championship so that they can play 38 Cup Finals. As it is the FA Cup Final is a couple of days apart from Play Off Final and although Brighton and Newcastle are just about in range of Huddersfield, the Play Offs look much more likely. That said we all know they are not going to take their foot off the gas they are going to put it to the floor.

If we play a weakened team, I hope the players aren't going to sulk that they are not in the plans for Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.