Huddersfield game - Ale trail/pre match drinking

Right, local councillor is on the Ale Trail monitoring board, she has not heard anything about trains not allowing passengers on or off or pubs shutting, she will speak to the West Yorkshire Police and British Transport Police liaisons tomorrow and let me know what they both say and I will add it on here.

Right, local councillor is on the Ale Trail monitoring board, she has not heard anything about trains not allowing passengers on or off or pubs shutting, she will speak to the West Yorkshire Police and British Transport Police liaisons tomorrow and let me know what they both say and I will add it on here.
Good Man not doing Ale Trail as we've got a club booked for our coach full,but I know a fair few who are.

Been told that info going out via supporters club from the police is no coaches allowed into Huddersfield before 1pm and two pubs near station allocated to city fans. Anyone else heard this?

Any fans going via Holmfirth / Honley / Meltham,the best real ale pub on that side of town is The Star on Albert St,Folly Hall,Lockwood.

Proper boozer,good range of micro brewery ales,street parking,12 mins walk to ground.

Mini buses ring ahead.

Road works in area.

Just had a update from British Transport Police.

Hi Paul , I've received some info, from BTP regarding the trains it says that, there are no plans to stop anyone getting on and off trains pre match. Btp officers will be on trains traveling from Manchester to Huddersfield, and there will be two officers positioned on marsden and slaithwaite stations prior to the match, post match the only train that will not stop at marsden or slaithwaite will be the 17:45 from Huddersfield which will be a 4 carriage train meaning it is too large to stop at either of these stations so its first stop from leaving Huddersfield will be stalybridge, I'm still waiting for further info if there is any from wyp regarding the public houses hope this helps

Looks like it's business as usual on the ale trail, I'll be in the Riverhead in Marsden if anyone fancies a pint.

Just had a update from British Transport Police.

Hi Paul , I've received some info, from BTP regarding the trains it says that, there are no plans to stop anyone getting on and off trains pre match. Btp officers will be on trains traveling from Manchester to Huddersfield, and there will be two officers positioned on marsden and slaithwaite stations prior to the match, post match the only train that will not stop at marsden or slaithwaite will be the 17:45 from Huddersfield which will be a 4 carriage train meaning it is too large to stop at either of these stations so its first stop from leaving Huddersfield will be stalybridge, I'm still waiting for further info if there is any from wyp regarding the public houses hope this helps

Looks like it's business as usual on the ale trail, I'll be in the Riverhead in Marsden if anyone fancies a pint.

Good boozer.

Have you tried The Malinsons Corner Bar in Wappy Nick,Market Sq in udders centre. 2 mins from Station.

It's a micro brewery,best beer in udds,run by two City girls & 10 mins walk from ground.

Good before or after the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.