Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's such bad reasoning for playing a weak team.

We should start the best team possible, kill them off early and sub the important players ASAP. It's our best chance at silverware this season and Huddersfield are a good team.

I agree but can't see it. Huddersfield won't play a strong side in this with Newcastle next for them. That's a much bigger game for them.

I don't think we will play a strong team in either this or against Boro if we get through. The squad players need to step up a bit.

If he wants to go through he will.
But he can assess that after beating Huddersfield.

Assess that after beating Huddersfield? Pep probably already has a very clear idea, barring injuries or suspensions, of the teams that will play Huddersfield, Sunderland, Stoke, Boro (if we beat Huddersfield) and Monaco.

I agree but can't see it. Huddersfield won't play a strong side in this with Newcastle next for them. That's a much bigger game for them.

I don't think we will play a strong team in either this or against Boro if we get through. The squad players need to step up a bit.

I think the issue with the 'squad' players was that they didn't include any midfield creativity. As soon as I saw the team I wondered who would make the chances for the forwards. No matter where the second strings sits, whether it's the back or the front, or even Claudio in net, you need a creative force, and in the first game we didn't have it! Understudies to the likes of Yaya, Silva and de Bruyne are hard to come by, particularly as they don't want to play second string. It's a problem.

I think the issue with the 'squad' players was that they didn't include any midfield creativity. As soon as I saw the team I wondered who would make the chances for the forwards. No matter where the second strings sits, whether it's the back or the front, or even Claudio in net, you need a creative force, and in the first game we didn't have it! Understudies to the likes of Yaya, Silva and de Bruyne are hard to come by, particularly as they don't want to play second string. It's a problem.

Completely agree. We cannot play out from the back and through midfield as well as normal with Delph and fernando in the same team. It is not just their lack of creativity but their inability to protect the ball when a defender or goalkeeper gives them the ball. It means we lose the ball much more often in our half and end up playing long to our midget men up front.

I went to palace in the cup and saw delph and felt sorry for him. I'm not sure whether it is a lack of talent or game time but he was forever arriving somewhere just as the ball was leaving.

Completely agree. We cannot play out from the back and through midfield as well as normal with Delph and fernando in the same team. It is not just their lack of creativity but their inability to protect the ball when a defender or goalkeeper gives them the ball. It means we lose the ball much more often in our half and end up playing long to our midget men up front.

I went to palace in the cup and saw delph and felt sorry for him. I'm not sure whether it is a lack of talent or game time but he was forever arriving somewhere just as the ball was leaving.

In delph's case, his inability to keep the ball within 10 yards of himself, causes us problems.
He's like a 10 year old playing kick and rush.

Assess that after beating Huddersfield? Pep probably already has a very clear idea, barring injuries or suspensions, of the teams that will play Huddersfield, Sunderland, Stoke, Boro (if we beat Huddersfield) and Monaco.
Wouldn't say so, he's always said he picks his teams based on performances in training and I'd believe him on that count, I think we've only really seen him rotate on one or two occasions where a cup game has been followed very closely after by a league or champions league game. I think we'll be at full strength or fairly close to it for the next 3 matches with the teams picked on merit and then if we have beaten Huddersfield, he'll have a decision to make regarding rotation when we play Boro. Hopefully in that scenario we'll have a full squad to pick from bar the obvious 2 of Gundogan and G Jesus.

That's why we really do need the more skilful youngsters to come through. Hopefully, in a year or two, the likes of Diaz, Sancho and Foden will be ready to play in this type of fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.