Hugh Ferris/Match day presenters

I don't think Ferris is as bad as some other do (although I couldn't stand his children's TV style bouncy persona when he first started). At least he can read his script well and conduct a semi professional interview. Danny and Natalie are far more cringe worthy imo. No real presenting skills and listening to them interview each other on how they think the match will go (who cares what they think) or one of them imploring the crowd to start a chant are some of the most cringeworthy things I've seen at City (Chinese New Year Dancing was up there with it yesterday though).#

However, Ferris' mentioning of that fat bastard and "Sir Bobby Charlton" yesterday is a sackable offence.

All he said was that rooney had equalised in the last minute, and hat he had broken the record. He didnt praise him at all.

He shouldn't have mentioned it.

We wouldn't be told if Calum Wilson had beaten Bournmouths scoring record, so we don't want updates on this idiots' achievements inserted at any opportunity (especially when they are given the sort of coverage usually reserved for a moon landing in all of the media.

I don't think Ferris is as bad as some other do (although I couldn't stand his children's TV style bouncy persona when he first started). At least he can read his script well and conduct a semi professional interview. Danny and Natalie are far more cringe worthy imo. No real presenting skills and listening to them interview each other on how they think the match will go (who cares what they think) or one of them imploring the crowd to start a chant are some of the most cringeworthy things I've seen at City (Chinese New Year Dancing was up there with it yesterday though).#

However, Ferris' mentioning of that fat bastard and "Sir Bobby Charlton" yesterday is a sackable offence.

We always have CNY celebrations, Manchester has a massive Chinese population, and tbh, those kids were really talented. Far better than anything Ferris has ever done.

Must have been a good performance yesterday if we are looking at this for our moans. Not fussed either way he's a matchday presenter, no big deal. Its not that easy to please all the fans at a game, children, day trippers, old, young, regular match goers who see the same same stuff every week. Whoever does it will upset some. Wasnt there though so may have a point with the Rooney stuff.

fucking hate the dickhead. City need to fuck him off and the announcer, the announcer for our games just kills the atmosphere, he makes it all about him. city just take the piss, its literally like going to a club run by united fans

We always have CNY celebrations, Manchester has a massive Chinese population, and tbh, those kids were really talented. Far better than anything Ferris has ever done.

It might be impressive (if I was closer I might have appreciated the skill involved). But half time at a football match is not the place to celebrate worldwide (or even UK) cultural events. No-one is interested, especially when everyone realises that it is a cynical attempt to appeal to a merchandise buying market half way around the world. It certainly hasn't been chosen because someone is of the honest belief that the people in the stadium would really like to see a festival of dance at half time.

No-one is really interested in the stupid games or the football based guests that they have on at half time either - but at least they stand a better chance of being of interest to some, given they are somewhat related to the reason that everyone is there or actually involve members of the crowd.

I don't recall half time celebrations for Chinese New Year in the past but I'll take your word for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.