Hugh Ferris/Match day presenters

At half time he congratulated Rooney on becoming the rags record scorer, overtaking Bobby Charlton.

Unbelievable.

I couldn't believe this at the time, talk about knowing your audience!

Imagine the announcer at the Swamp saying Aguero has just overtaken Colin Bell? Absolutely no chance.

No clue why the club still employ this douche, never heard of anyone who rates him!

It might be impressive (if I was closer I might have appreciated the skill involved). But half time at a football match is not the place to celebrate worldwide (or even UK) cultural events. No-one is interested, especially when everyone realises that it is a cynical attempt to appeal to a merchandise buying market half way around the world. It certainly hasn't been chosen because someone is of the honest belief that the people in the stadium would really like to see a festival of dance at half time.

No-one is really interested in the stupid games or the football based guests that they have on at half time either - but at least they stand a better chance of being of interest to some, given they are somewhat related to the reason that everyone is there or actually involve members of the crowd.

I don't recall half time celebrations for Chinese New Year in the past but I'll take your word for it.
I don't think we'll be stopping them any time soon seeing as the Chinese own 10% of the club....

The only person at half time who has ever provided any genuine entertainment is Mike McClean. Him and those games with the young kids were hilarious at times.

He also said it was stoke 1 united 0 before saying rooney scored dispite 1-1 on the screen.

Also gave the insight the West Brom play at the Hawthornes.

He was worse at Lancashire t20 about 3 years ago, saying that with 5 runs to win off the last ball that a 6 would win it for the foxes - and a four would be a 'draw'. He did not last long, I don't think he understands any sport.

The only person at half time who has ever provided any genuine entertainment is Mike McClean. Him and those games with the young kids were hilarious at times.
Found him annoying and unlike Hugh Ferris impossible to just ignore or listen to in the background.

Bit weird the way he described the Rooney goal. It was completely neutral and if he worked for Sky.

There's nothing too wrong about it if he was, say, the announcer at Leicester but to show the enthusiasm he did for a last minute winner and broken record that a Rag has achieved at City, was strange.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.