hughes and sven

jwm92

last year we finished 9th with sven in charge and had the majority of fans sayin save sven ( i was one of them too) but that was after a good start and a very bad second half of the season. this year we could finish 7th, 8th,9th,10th.11th. we dont know yet but still could finish higher than last season. so why does everyone want hughes out. i agree his substitutions are sometimes shit but when you have the injuries we have atm its hard. i think some fans cant get past the fact he played for united he is a manager og our club so lets support him . we all know robinho needed a rest and alot of people have been sayin he shit and shoulnt be in the team but when he isnt in the team everyone has a go at hughes. is it his fault dunna has had a bad season bu his standards and richards loss of form. NO. ireland has been our best player this season and he has said that hughes is a great manager so that must mean something. everyone knows that we havent had stability with managers at this club and no wonder when we want every manager out after a loss. if we go through on thursday you will all say hughes is great but wen we lose we we all want him out. make your mind up . i think hughes should stay because i think after this summer he will get it right cos we all know how good he is in the transfer market .

Apologists are still hanging around.

Sven got many more points than Hughes despite knowing he was a dead man walking for the last 10 games. Hughes has added £130m worth of talent to the average squad Sven had and still taken us backwards.

And all these players that get blamed for our poor season, the players that have had 10 minutes here and there under Hughes (Garrido, Fernandes, Hamann, Etuhu, Elano) are players who were regular starters under Sven, so just what kind of team did he have to work with? Although please excuse me for judging Sven over a season, I forgot we only judge him in the last few months.

This witch-hunt against Sven is getting silly now, there is no comparison's for his and Hughes first season in charge because Sven wins hands down but it really is time for all these Sven threads to stop. Judge Hughes on Hughes although that won't equate to much.

It's also forgot that Sven took over Mid July and made no signings until days before the start of the season. Hughes took over Late May, and the press made a huge deal about how much better prepared and yet SGE seems to have achieved more in 8 days than Hughes in 8 weeks!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
It's also forgot that Sven took over Mid July and made no signings until days before the start of the season. Hughes took over Late May, and the press made a huge deal about how much better prepared and yet SGE seems to have achieved more in 8 days than Hughes in 8 weeks!

Thats why i rate Sven much higher than Hughes, i'm not saying we should get Sven back
though. In a week or so he bought a bunch of players (what was it 7 or 8 for 30 mill ?) added a couple from the old squad and added bunch of kids and made a formidable team (i think we were still top 4 after 20 odd games). That was truely thin in deepth, which was why we fell apart the second half of the season. That coupled with Frank not paying the players wages and basically sacking Sven before the season was over but making him stay on.

Challenger1978 said:

Thats why i rate Sven much higher than Hughes, i'm not saying we should get Sven back
though. In a week or so he bought a bunch of players (what was it 7 or 8 for 30 mill ?) added a couple from the old squad and added bunch of kids and made a formidable team (i think we were still top 4 after 20 odd games). That was truely thin in deepth, which was why we fell apart the second half of the season. That coupled with Frank not paying the players wages and basically sacking Sven before the season was over but making him stay on.

Losing Richards and then Onuoha back to back in Feb also played a big part in our loss of form. I'm also with you not sure I want SGE back, even though I thought it was outrageous he was fired.

Challenger1978 said:

Losing Richards and then Onuoha back to back in Feb also played a big part in our loss of form. I'm also with you not sure I want SGE back, even though I thought it was outrageous he was fired.

Agreed, i also think Sven towards the end of the season was actually playing for a fair play posistion as he knew we couldn't qualify for Europe proper due to all the shit going on at the club and injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.