Hughes at Stoke

I can't understand the negativity to Mark Hughes on here.

He was a great player, no doubt about that. OK, as a manager he's just average, but he did OK at City, tried his best and seems like a decent bloke.
Same here. People saying he was the worst manager we've had. They've got very short memories. Hughes has moved on, it's time we did as well.

Youve got to be kidding

Has he done something wrong? Genuine question.

I always thought he conducted himself fairly well and don't know anything about him outside of football. An average manager who I found uninspirational in the extreme but we signed a couple of our most loved players during his reign and he got the best out of some unexceptional players like Bellamy and Ireland.

Has he done something wrong? Genuine question.

I always thought he conducted himself fairly well and don't know anything about him outside of football. An average manager who I found uninspirational in the extreme but we signed a couple of our most loved players during his reign and he got the best out of some unexceptional players like Bellamy and Ireland.
Nothing to do with who he signed, or that he was a rag. Im talking about him as a bloke, he just doesnt seem like a very nice bloke at all. Not because of this, but an example: my mate was at the Swansea v Stoke game this season with his 2 children aged 13 (girl) and 10 (lad) sat behind the dug out. The father said to him 'welcome back to Wales Sparky' after a Swansea goal. He stares right at him, in front of the kids either side and surrounded by similar ages, and said "fuck off you fat ****". My mate laughed. But what a prick. Loads of stories about him when I was living back home in Manchester back in the day too. Hes an angry prick of a bloke

Nothing to do with who he signed, or that he was a rag. Im talking about him as a bloke, he just doesnt seem like a very nice bloke at all. Not because of this, but an example: my mate was at the Swansea v Stoke game this season with his 2 children aged 13 (girl) and 10 (lad) sat behind the dug out. The father said to him 'welcome back to Wales Sparky' after a Swansea goal. He stares right at him, in front of the kids either side and surrounded by similar ages, and said "fuck off you fat ****". My mate laughed. But what a prick. Loads of stories about him when I was living back home in Manchester back in the day too. Hes an angry prick of a bloke
Probably not the best time to antagonise a football manager when their team has just conceeded a goal you would think.

Probably not the best time to antagonise a football manager when their team has just conceeded a goal you would think.
No, no, it wasnt right after it was in response to Hughes being so angry and stalking about. he was stalking around and making wanker signals at the crowd. And like I said, not because of this but this is an example of. We would all be disappointed if Pep called someone in the crowd a **** in front of his kids too.

There wasnt that much wrong with hughes at city, he had an incredible balancing act to do when he came in. Big name signings along side some rather middling players. He didn't have the luxury that later managers were afforded....ie being there that extra summer when some proper talent actually arrived.

His weakness for me is handling personalities, its really letting him down now at stoke...tell you what though how many times has he paid peanuts for top quality players? Its really bordering on being a gift.

Arnautovic 2m
Bojan 2.5m(only laoned as he had a really bad cruciate injury and hasn't gotten his form back)
Ramadan 5m(looks like a proper player, he was amazing today)
Kompany 6m(correct me if i am wrong)
Grant 1m
etc etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.