Hughes at Stoke

I thought he signed some great players at City who got the ball rolling for the club. Kompany, Bellamy, Zabaleta, Barry, De Jong and Tevez, not sure if it was him who signed Hart too. He just drew to many games and for every Tevez and Bellamy there was a Jo and Cruz. It seemed harsh the sacking at the time but Mancini took them to another level and made some powerhouse signings. Mancini being sacked was very harsh though.

Sven started to breathe new life into the club IMO, kind of reminds me of Spurs where we were going nowhere for a while until Jol arrived and we've got better and better over the years

As for Hughes, he's doing decent there I reckon, they can still rough it up, but on their day they can play football, a lot better on the eye than Pullis' brand of football

Difference is, IMHO, that in the Pulis era they were still trying to cement their place in the PL. Then when they were (relatively) settled in places 6-14 they needed to move on as a club and adopt a different mentality and playing style - which they have done with Hughes. He suits them well, which is not to disparage either the club or the manager. No hard feelings, Hughes, just a shame about all the draws I guess.

I thought he signed some great players at City who got the ball rolling for the club. Kompany, Bellamy, Zabaleta, Barry, De Jong and Tevez, not sure if it was him who signed Hart too. He just drew to many games and for every Tevez and Bellamy there was a Jo and Cruz. It seemed harsh the sacking at the time but Mancini took them to another level and made some powerhouse signings. Mancini being sacked was very harsh though.

Sven started to breathe new life into the club IMO, kind of reminds me of Spurs where we were going nowhere for a while until Jol arrived and we've got better and better over the years

As for Hughes, he's doing decent there I reckon, they can still rough it up, but on their day they can play football, a lot better on the eye than Pullis' brand of football

Pearce signed Hart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.