Hughes' Buys.

Beard said:
Ok are we safe to say that MH had a hand in buying Robinho, Zabby, Kompany and SWP. Firstly what d'you all think of this lot so far this season

I think all four have all been good so far this season. Kompany especially and he's just going to get better. And sweep still amazes me nearly every game with hsi ball control

On this evidence does it not seem that MH does actually have an eye for talent and should be trusted in with our milllions??

Well lets say for arguments sake he did have a hand in buying these players.

Why the fuck is he not playing them in there best positions.

SWP one of the best right wingers in the country but Les plays him central midfield with Darius on the wing.

Kompany best at Centre back in place of Richards who needs a kick up the arse or Dunne who needs a mental rest.

Robinho - although they say he needs space but surely central atacking midfield behind our lone striker is a better position.

Jo - best position - on his arse watching the TV at home on saturday afternoons.

Its not the players he buys that are the problem.

Its what he does with them and the lack of ability he shows in being able to integrate them with what was (and could still be under the right management) a group of talented players that he inherited.

Dunne and Richards, in particular, have not all of a sudden become shite overnight, they just have no-one to give them any direction, hope or confidence. I believe they could both thrive again under a more dynamic manager.

Citytillidie69 said:
Beard said:
Ok are we safe to say that MH had a hand in buying Robinho, Zabby, Kompany and SWP. Firstly what d'you all think of this lot so far this season

I think all four have all been good so far this season. Kompany especially and he's just going to get better. And sweep still amazes me nearly every game with hsi ball control

On this evidence does it not seem that MH does actually have an eye for talent and should be trusted in with our milllions??

SWP one of the best right wingers in the country but Les plays him central midfield with Darius on the wing.

Kompany best at Centre back in place of Richards who needs a kick up the arse or Dunne who needs a mental rest.

Robinho - although they say he needs space but surely central atacking midfield behind our lone striker is a better position.

Jo - best position - on his arse watching the TV at home on saturday afternoons.
SWP has been outstanding in the attacking midfield role - for England and City

Kompany has been playing midfield, because Hamann's days are numbered and Fernandes is not good enough

Marvin said:
Citytillidie69 said:

SWP has been outstanding in the attacking midfield role - for England and City

Kompany has been playing midfield, because Hamann's days are numbered and Fernandes is not good enough

I agree - SWP has been outstanding but thats the measure of the lad and not a fantastic tactical switch by Les - I reckon he would be outstanding in any poistion on the park as he has a huge heart but he has more chance of scoring when playing in his best position as winger and God only knows we need someone to find the onion bag.

Again I agree with regards Kompany and Didi who has no legs left for the prem. But Kompany is a better centre half than Richards and the lazy Billy Big potatoes Richards can also play the holding midfield role instead of "headless chicken Gelsen"

If you look at the the last minute goals conceded against Evo & WBA - you have to ask questions about Richards - and theres me thinking it was only white men that can't jump.

dannybcity said:
So Hughes bought the shit ones, but someone else bought the good ones. Funny that.

You're noticing the common theme here too......amazing isn't it.

If Hughes didn't buy Jo, Robinho or SWP, then perhaps he shouldn't be tarred with the reputation of being wasteful of cash......since he appears to have spent very little of it.

Can't have it both ways.

interpol said:
dannybcity said:
So Hughes bought the shit ones, but someone else bought the good ones. Funny that.

If Hughes didn't buy Jo, Robinho or SWP, then perhaps he shouldn't be tarred with the reputation of being wasteful of cash......since he appears to have spent very little of it.

Can't have it both ways.

Unfortunately interpol it's the way of bluemoon recently. I am by no means a massive Hughes fan but 5 mins on here and I sound like a member of his coachine staff. The amount of anti-Hughes shite (alot of it based solely on the fact he played for the rags) that needs correcting just makes my blood boil. A get more annoyed on here than watching our incompetent performances of late.

dannybcity said:
interpol said:

Can't have it both ways.

Unfortunately interpol it's the way of bluemoon recently. I am by no means a massive Hughes fan but 5 mins on here and I sound like a member of his coachine staff. The amount of anti-Hughes shite (alot of it based solely on the fact he played for the rags) that needs correcting just makes my blood boil. A get more annoyed on here than watching our incompetent performances of late.

Sorry fella, but that's simply wrong. I know of only 1 or 2 people on here who don't like MH because of the Rag connection.

I agree - most have given him a chance.

I am one of the most bitterest blues there is and can see through the fog that you have to give the guy a chance as I did with previous managers, even with Pearce and with Sven. But unfortunatley Les is failing miserably - not only tactically but also man management wise. I just dont see him as able to manage the big players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.