Hughes has to go!

Spindash said:
city1961 said:
Well now im confused,on the one hand how can you sack a guy whos only been here a few months,on the other how can you support someone who you feel is a bit of a plank when it comes to tactics.Ive said it before and ill say it again what was he thinking of leaving Gelson on the pitch after that 1st booking?

What did you think would happen??????????????????

So he should take off every player who gets booked. Genius.

Dont recall saying anything about taking EVERY player who gets booked off.

Heres a list for your approval

Gelson.

SACK HUGHES I HONESTLY WAS TOTALLY UNDERWHELMED AT HIS APPOINTMENT NOW HE IS SHOWING ME WHY I FELT THAT WAY......GET RID OF THE EX RAG BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. THE GUY HAS NO PASSION FOR CITY AS A CLUB.
GET RID OF THIS TOTAL IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry ive got my caps on will make sure keep them off from now on as dont want all that loud noise transmitting through the computers but i have to say
HUGHES OUT YOU ARE A TOSSER - done in the style of dom jolly

Couldn't be bothered to read beyond the first page of yet another anti-Hughes thread. Why not have a look at the VOTE THREAD...it was 30-4 to Hughes last time I looked.

lionheart said:
Couldn't be bothered to read beyond the first page of yet another anti-Hughes thread. Why not have a look at the VOTE THREAD...it was 30-4 to Hughes last time I looked.

Dont be silly why would they want to let a majority ruin the Hughes out campaign that the doom and gloomers are running

BobKowalski said:
GStar said:
Anyway, now we have a manager with what is probably a similar record to the start of the second half of our season under our previous manager, what i'm confused with, is why should Hughes be sacked after such a short time, yet it was such an injustice for Sven to go after have more than three times as many games?

Because SGE is a far better manager then Hughes is or ever will be. You can give Hughes all the time on the world and it will still end in failure. It is of course a matter of opinion. Most on here think Hughes is a better manager than SGE. Some even think he is a better manager than Mourinho. I think he is an average PL manager and that the cracks are starting to show. Cook himself said that Hughes was unhappy operating outside of his comfort zone and it is clearly showing. Hughes would be happier operating under a smaller budget and getting in players like RSC; players who will be loyal to him, play the game his way and we end up finishing 6th with a decent cup run, or even a cup win as a bonus.

ADUG however want CL and PL success plus cup wins. They want a team to dominate as Chelsea have dominated. They also want the PR that goes with success and the big name players that can be marketed on a world stage. Very few managers can achieve this. SGE with Lazio and bucket load of cash did precisely what ADUG want to do with City. Mourinho did the same if not better with Chelsea. I suspect Scolari could do it and a few others but Hughes is just not equipped to do this job. He was equipped to do the job for Frank because Frank had no money and no cedibility left so it would have been a Blackburn type scenario and I think Hughes would have done a creditable job. Unfortunately for Hughes the job specification changed on 1st Sept and from this point he has been dead man walking in my opinion.

That said I don't think ADUG are in a position to make a move on the manager front nor will they want to as it doesn't make sense to change manager mid season. If the situation gets worse then they may be forced to act prematurely but it will have to be really dire for them to move and we ain't at 'dire' yet.

Very interesting post, well written. I do not agree with all the points you make though. after all, it is all about opinions.
SGE and Mourinho are very good managers no doubt. They both have very good records but have both experienced failure also. Mourinho failed to bring the Champions League trophy to Chelsea and SGE failed with England.
Mark Hughes does not compare with these managers in terms of success or style.
SGE and Mourinho will manage clubs that bid the highest for their skills. I am not making a judgement about that, just an observation.
Mark Hughes is a disciplinarian in the same mold as Taggart and Capello, also two very successful managers. In the style of these managers unlike Sven's style (arm around the shoulder and laid back) it takes time to put their stamp on the team.
Mark Hughes might well fail to take us where we want to go, but I believe the owners see him as creating a long term dynasty in the style of Taggart.
Some of Mark Hughes tactical decisions have been strange to say the least. This may become clear in the future and what is going on, on the training pitch(some players rebelling as to the football factory) may well have a bearing on what's happening on the pitch.
The next two transfer windows will give us all a better idea of what is going on.
More importantly (for whats been happening) who leaves.

cyberblue said:
Ricster said:
He'll be gone in 5 games. Look at them.

Hull (away)
Arsenal (home)
United (home)
Fulham (away)
Everton (home)

I cant see us taking any points from them games with the way we have played. Maybe 1 point from Everton, with our away form so poor its looking like the turkey might be alive longer on the run up til Xmas

Hull - win
Arsenal - Lose
United - Win
Fulham - Draw
Everton - Lose/Draw

OPPS

Cambridgeblue said:
Ricster said:
He'll be gone in 5 games. Look at them.

Hull (away)
Arsenal (home)
United (home)
Fulham (away)
Everton (home)

I cant see us taking any points from them games with the way we have played. Maybe 1 point from Everton, with our away form so poor its looking like the turkey might be alive longer on the run up til Xmas

Bullcrap - I think we could beat Fulham and Everton if we pull together and show the kind of guts we appeared to show towards the end of the spuds match. SWP and Ireland ran their hearts out and Robinho kept pushing too when I expected him to just give up completely.

Hull will be tricky due to the suspensions but getting something out of the game is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Arsenal and United will be tough games in anyones book but maybe the size of the games might allow the players to rise to the occasion. Arsenal did let in 4 against tottenham and united have not always proved invincible this season.

I think that the owners are sensible enough to see that hughes didn't have much time to get the players he wanted and needed in the summer and will back him till at least the early part of next year. People forget that Sven's remarkable achievement of getting a big influx of new players to gel last season was an abberation - Rome wasn't built in a day.

Last season we ran out of steam because we lacked strength and depth and we still lack strenght and depth - just a little less badly than we did last season.

Those of you who are calling for MH's head can piss off and go support the Reds if you're can't stand losing the odd game - us real fans won't miss you. The top 4 was always going to be out of our reach this season and I'm sure that once Hughes has plugged the gaps in our squad we will end up in 7th or 8th spot. Personally I'm more interested in seeing how far we get in the UEFA cup and the FA cup because if we were to pull off one of those then I'm pretty sure you Hughes haters would change your bloody tune.

OPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.