Hughes, Pro's vs Con's.....

Steve1234

This is my 1st ever posting so please take it easy on me. Sorry its a long one.

This is not another thread of Highes out. I am in fact a Hughes supporter, but here are my thoughts about our manager.

Pro's -

1. Signings
Kompany - 1 of our best performers this year even though playing out of position. There are plenty of reason why Wenger has been trying to sign him since he was 16.
Zabaleta - Looks like a quality player and over the last few weeks has been showing what he can do.
Wright-Phillips - Would not have come back under Sven as they didn't get on. Will always be a City legend.

2. Injuries
It is obvious we are missing some key names this year, especially Johnson & Petrov, oh and don't forget the great Danny Mills.

3. Goals
Despite our poor record this year, we appear to be banging goals in when we play well. We have knocked in 47 goals so far this season compared to a total of 48 last year and only 39 the year before.

Con's

1 - Tactics
He has shown on a number of occasions to be clueless with tactics.
To point a few out, Zabaletta sent off against Liverpool when winning 1-0, brings on Gelson at right back and we end up conceding 2 goals from attacks against him. We had defenders on the bench.
SWP, playing him as a central midfielder - we do not see the best of him centrally. The minute he is on the wing he is dangerous.

2 - Jo
Agreeing to the signing and not giving the lad a chance to play regularly.

3 - Elano
Not playing him enough. Good enough to play for Brazil, but not City.

4 - Formation
Despite our very attacking formation, we appear to be out played in too many games. Only 5 wins this season so far due to our lack of ability to defend using this formation. He also show's no ability to change when this is not working either and many games already this are evident of this fact.

There could be much more said, but this gives you an idea of where I am at. not saying Hughes should go, I will leave it to you to make your own outcomes.

You should know Steve that you cannot post an honest opinion on this site as there is always one who will come with a stupid reply.

I think you are spot on with what you say although we have to start picking up points quick, Jan will be key for me.

I agree with you Steve. I didnt realise we had scored so many. Another con which is arguable but might be proven to be true is the dressing room issue. Motivation seems to have gone out of the window the past few weeks, which is a shame because his signings have been quality, and with those players we should be higher than we are, Hughes just need to sort out motivation really. He should go on the same course Jose went on haha Management Motivation.

Hello Steve. I think you make a fair few good points. I remember the Fenandez incident Vs Liverpool very well, and honestly couldnt believe my eyes when he was brought on to play at bloody right back! That one really was crass incompetance from our manager!! I havnt forgiven it yet!!
Again you are spot on with the signings. Kompany, who,for me, has been superb.However this masterstroke from Hughes was counterbalanced by the hopless signing of Ben-Hiam, who , at £5m. has to go down as a real shocker and total waste of money.
Looking at things overall, I think we have got to be pretty disappointed with Hughes performance thus far, although I do not yet believe replacing him would be a good idea. I think he must be given time, and money in January to bring in more of his own players. If there is no sign of real hope by the end of the season,..or god help us we remain in the relegation fight that we are currently in..then im afraid we will need ...once again...to bring in a new manager.

Agree with pretty much all of what you say.

Other than the Elano bit. I would get rid of him as soon as possible. I think he is one of the main causes of the problems we hear about in the dressing room.

He was good for us for a month but since then he has been garbage on the whole.

He did exactly the same for Shaktar. Started well then disappeared from view once defenders worked him out.

Steve1234 said:
This is my 1st ever posting so please take it easy on me. Sorry its a long one.

This is not another thread of Highes out. I am in fact a Hughes supporter, but here are my thoughts about our manager.

Pro's -

1. Signings
Kompany - 1 of our best performers this year even though playing out of position. There are plenty of reason why Wenger has been trying to sign him since he was 16.
Zabaleta - Looks like a quality player and over the last few weeks has been showing what he can do.
Wright-Phillips - Would not have come back under Sven as they didn't get on. Will always be a City legend.

2. Injuries
It is obvious we are missing some key names this year, especially Johnson & Petrov, oh and don't forget the great Danny Mills.

3. Goals
Despite our poor record this year, we appear to be banging goals in when we play well. We have knocked in 47 goals so far this season compared to a total of 48 last year and only 39 the year before.

Con's

1 - Tactics
He has shown on a number of occasions to be clueless with tactics.
To point a few out, Zabaletta sent off against Liverpool when winning 1-0, brings on Gelson at right back and we end up conceding 2 goals from attacks against him. We had defenders on the bench.
SWP, playing him as a central midfielder - we do not see the best of him centrally. The minute he is on the wing he is dangerous.

2 - Jo
Agreeing to the signing and not giving the lad a chance to play regularly.

3 - Elano
Not playing him enough. Good enough to play for Brazil, but not City.

4 - Formation
Despite our very attacking formation, we appear to be out played in too many games. Only 5 wins this season so far due to our lack of ability to defend using this formation. He also show's no ability to change when this is not working either and many games already this are evident of this fact.

5 - Results

Hi Steve, I agree with some of your points but not all.

Don't agree about SWP, like him in the middle & imo he's played very well there. Doesn't create much from wide as his crosses are mostly crap.

I don't think Elano or Jo are particularly good when they do play; just 'ok.'

My biggest criticism against Hughes is playing Hammann, ever.
He's gone. Does some good things but then gets left for dead. Be better with another defender in front of the back 4 as Didi just passes to the defenders most of the time anyway.

Imo the squad is unbalanced & fairly crap. If Hughes next signings don't improve it, I'll start blaming him for results but right now I blame lack of quality. Overrated players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.