Hughes Reaction from OS

Goater666 said:
I dont know whats more worrying.

Hughes thinking we played well or that he thinks we just need a bit of "luck" to win games.

Horrified how hes trying to spin our recent performances.

yeah we just need a bit of luck. maybe he's more suited to Yahtzee management.

now i realize Barca have many of hte best players in the world, but i'm watching them fight back and take the lead against Villareal at the moment and i'm seeing two things i didn't see today from City:

1. they're organized. the tactics are clear and everyone knows what they should be doing at any given time.

2. the players have fight in them, and enough confidence that they don't get easily discouraged. which may be related to #1, at least a bit.

And from Sky Sports website http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_4677350,00.html
Mark Hughes remains confident that he will still be at the helm of Manchester City when the January transfer window opens.

City slipped into the relegation zone in the Premier League this weekend after suffering a last-gasp 2-1 defeat to bottom club West Brom at the Hawthorns.

Luke Moore put the home side in front before Scott Carson was unable to keep out Felipe Caciedo's audacious backheel and City looked set for a share of the spoils.

But Roman Bednar headed home in injury time to increase the pressure on Hughes, with the club's new owners, the Abu Dhabi United Group, more interested in the UEFA Champions League than the Championship.

And Hughes insists he has been given assurances by club owner Sheikh Mansour and chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak that his position is not under threat.
Positive

The former Wales boss said: "There has been speculation about my future since the new owners came in, so it is not something that is new to me.

"Am I confident I will be given the money myself to spend? That is the intention. That is my view and I've had assurances from Sheikh Mansour and the chairman.

"They have been very positive. They understand where we are in our development. They are pragmatic people.

"They understand things will not happen overnight. Some people expect it to but they understand that won't happen.

"Time is something we all need - myself included - but I know the quality of my staff and we will gain results in the future.

"At the moment we are hurting somewhat because we are in the bottom three of the Premier League which is not something we anticipated."

Help

Hughes saw his side beaten at the death for the second week running, following the 1-0 home setback against Everton.

He said: "We are disappointed to lose two league games in a row in such a way. We did well against West Brom to come from a goal behind and I thought the game was going to peter out.

"But at times recently we have been a bit naive and on occasions don't do the fundamental things correctly - and good players will expose that.

"We are working hard to adjust things and we will adjust them in the transfer window. We will bring in quality players to ensure that the club moves forwards in the future.

"There is no guarantee how many we will bring in but it is clear we do need help. We have to make sure we bring players in who will make an immediate impact."

"But at times recently we have been a bit naive and on occasions don't do the fundamental things correctly - and good players will expose that.

As will not so good players who have not scored for 28 games!

Cheltblue said:

As will not so good players who have not scored for 28 games!

yeah plus the fact we were playing west brom they're a real quality side aren't they hughes jesus his post-match press conferences get worse each fucking week cant wait to see what he says after hull

To have the nerve to say the lads gave everything today just beggars belief. Bottom 3 at Christmas after having spent more money than anybody in the summer is an absolute disgrace. Hughes out!

JOGAMIGMOG said:
To have the nerve to say the lads gave everything today just beggars belief. Bottom 3 at Christmas after having spent more money than anybody in the summer is an absolute disgrace. Hughes out!

Its sad state that our beloved football club is in. I was all for giving hughes the time to have a real go at manageing our club. Prrematch I was hoping and wishing for a result that would keep him ticking over till jan. unfortunately I have now run out of every last bit of hope for the man. We are a laughing stock and it deeply saddens me to see and hear the shit that is going on at city. We need changes now and I am not just singleing Hughes out, we need a fresh man in charge and we need to get rid of players and if it upsets the press and others along the way then so be it. Were a joke

vbr said:
I thought the players gave everything today, and I think that towards the end the efforts of a few of the lads who played on Thursday as well as today had an impact.

PMSL. clueless wanker.

So why did you play them on Thursday then Mark, you prat?

Goater666 said:
I dont know whats more worrying.

Hughes thinking we played well or that he thinks we just need a bit of "luck" to win games.

Horrified how hes trying to spin our recent performances.

Totally agree . This was shite performance and needs identifying as such. Once again it doesn't take a genius to suss that Stevie I is better used as a central MF than as a winger.

Garrido always wants to get forward and can cross , and could haev been used in that slot today. SI to replace GF in the middle ... not rocket science.

Total shite. A draw may have reduced the anger but would have been a bad result in itself anyway. Totally nowhere near good enough full stop.

I am dreading Hull.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.