Hughes: We are not in a relegation battle.

BobKowalski said:
Brucie Bonus said:
My head is still spinning. He can't have said that. Must be a partial quote or something...context...this can't be real.

:-(

"...Fulham huffed and puffed against an unyielding Man City who seem only to be waiting for the Jan sales to open. Even so, with a little more ambition the visitors might have pilfered three points to leapfrog their hosts but as City manager Mark Hughes noted afterwards:
'It was not a game we expected to win'..."

Direct quote in full and the context taken from the opening para. Rest is match report.

Make of it what you will :)

Hughes supporter or not, surely everyone must agree that hearing something like that is fcuking annoying!

Challenger1978 said:
lionheart said:
You basically have no idea how to manage a Premiership football club so why bother making stupid and puerile remarks likely to cause offence to serious fans of Manchester City FC. No way is Hughes "fighting to save his job" nor are we "in a relegation fight". My guess is that you want to see us strruggle just to satisfy your inflated ego.

Lionheart 18 points from 16 games, lying in 14th place 3 points above the relegation zone, with roughly £80,000,000 already invested into the squad, is not good enough its as simple as that. Not when you take into account we had a far weaker squad last year and finished 9th on 55 points.

This is what i have been trying to say for weeks now. This season can only be discribed as a major fook up by MH he has a lot better players than SGE had last season and look at the position we are in, Relegation form and most definetly a Relegation fight if you choose to ignore these plain facts then you must be blind to the fact MH is not and never has been the man for the job.

You can kid yourself as much as you please about we will sign enough players to get out of the run were in but you must know your kidding yourself. Clubs will hold onto the players until we offer silly prices or wait out until the end of the window to get more cash. Giving us less and less time to get out of the mess MH has created.

Ducado said:
Sounds like a more realistic assessment of the problems with the team to me, Fulham are proving to be a hard team to beat

So are you saying that we should just give up any hopes of beating teams that are "hard to beat"?

Sounds awfully like the mentality that Robinho has been talking about.

Relax people, there is no need to panic.

Give it ten more games and if we aren't well out of any relegation danger by then, that will be the time to commence to panic.

Think of it like this - there is no point stressing now because you can always do it at a later date if necessary.

BobKowalski said:
Brucie Bonus said:
My head is still spinning. He can't have said that. Must be a partial quote or something...context...this can't be real.

"...Fulham huffed and puffed against an unyielding Man City who seem only to be waiting for the Jan sales to open. Even so, with a little more ambition the visitors might have pilfered three points to leapfrog their hosts but as City manager Mark Hughes noted afterwards:

Direct quote in full and the context taken from the opening para. Rest is match report.

Well...bloody hell. I don't doubt you've done your best with this, but...this is simply wrong with a capital ONG. Like I said before, he needs to drop himself / impose a fine on himself for that. You don't say things like that for love nor money. Hmmmmm, okay, didn't expect to win, does not mean expected to lose though does it? Expected to draw is perhaps what he meant.

Got to be.

BobKowalski said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Article is here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5298146.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 298146.ece</a>

10 points off fifth now. Looking like we are battling for 6th then if we have any chance of Europe. Lets just hope Tottingham don't go and win the sodding carling cup again.

RobsondeSouza said:
Challenger1978 said:
Lionheart 18 points from 16 games, lying in 14th place 3 points above the relegation zone, with roughly £80,000,000 already invested into the squad, is not good enough its as simple as that. Not when you take into account we had a far weaker squad last year and finished 9th on 55 points.

This is what i have been trying to say for weeks now. This season can only be discribed as a major fook up by MH he has a lot better players than SGE had last season and look at the position we are in, Relegation form and most definetly a Relegation fight if you choose to ignore these plain facts then you must be blind to the fact MH is not and never has been the man for the job.

You can kid yourself as much as you please about we will sign enough players to get out of the run were in but you must know your kidding yourself. Clubs will hold onto the players until we offer silly prices or wait out until the end of the window to get more cash. Giving us less and less time to get out of the mess MH has created.

you sir, talk some utter shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.