Hughes WILL get time at Manchester City

citytillicry65

from BBC site - apologies if elsewhere - doesn't seem like much point in speculating re him leaving tomorrow / soon

Under-pressure Manchester City boss Mark Hughes has been told he will stay in charge to strengthen his squad in January despite his side's poor form.

Sunday's defeat at West Brom left City in the bottom three after one win in their last nine Premier League games.

Hughes said: "Am I confident I will be given the money myself to spend? That is the intention.

"That's my view and I've had assurances from (City's owner) Sheikh Mansour and the chairman, who are very positive."

Oil-rich Arab billionaires Sheikh Mansour and club chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak are set to bankroll a January spending spree with the intention of lifting City out of trouble.

There is no guarantee how many we will bring in but it is clear we do need help - we have to make sure we bring players in who will make an immediate impact

Man City boss Mark Hughes
But there have been doubts over how much longer Hughes will remain in charge at Eastlands after his side's slump down the table, with Sunday's last-gasp defeat by bottom side West Brom their latest setback.

However, the former Wales and Blackburn manager added: "There has been speculation about my future since the new owners came in, so it is not something that is new to me.

"They have been very positive. They understand where we are in our development. They are pragmatic people.

"They understand things will not happen overnight. Some people expect it to but they understand that won't happen.

"Time is something we all need - myself included - but I know the quality of my staff and we will gain results in the future.

Shame, we probably will give him time. Lose our flair players in January and sign a whole heap of Blackburn rejects.

Then when the penny does drop we'll have to start all over again from a worse position than where we are now.

i hope the chairman reads that article then calls hughes up and tells him YOU'RE SACKED MATE...BUT STAY POSITIVE.

POWER WANK!!!!

Pick any of the following for January then!!

Bellamy
Neill
Warnock
Samba
Santa Cruz
Bentley
Pederson

Wow!

not sure what flair players we have to lose - Kompany, SWP and Ireland won't - and Robinho can't as he's played for 2 clubs already this season - the rest barring Petrov, can leave

Well unless the chairman et al were on the phone to Mark whispering assurances straight after the WBA game is not this just a rerun of what Hughes said after the Middle East trip?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.