Hughes WILL get time at Manchester City

Timbobs said:
Love how everyone says Hughes will just bring in poor "Blackburn rejects" when Hughes' signings this season have been our best players in a Pearce/Sven team.

i would not bother,some of them just dont get it.

Timbobs said:
Love how everyone says Hughes will just bring in poor "Blackburn rejects" when Hughes' signings this season have been our best players in a Pearce/Sven team.
It's not the quality of his signings, surely it's the quality of his football that worries you?

biffa said:
Timbobs said:
It's not the quality of his signings, surely it's the quality of his football that worries you?

i rest my case!

Fallingbostel Blue said:
How many teams would of struggled with the amount of injuries we have had, thesquad is paper thin, Bojinov,Petrov and Johnson would of been regular starters if fit. I know we can't blame injuries but I do feel Hughes as not had much luck in that respect. When was the last time we fielded the same team in consecutive matches. I really feel he must be given time and he needs two seasons at least. We have shot ourselves in the foot time and time again with trying to get quick fixes.I hope he gets the support of the owners both wit time and money.

"I feel he must be given time and he needs two seasons at least"

I'll top myself now then because after that today and whats come before it I cant watch two seasons of crap like that!!! I'm sick of people going on about injuries and bad luck. He's a football manager with a squad of many players. This shouldnt affect his tactics and the way he wants us to play, i.e. long ball utter bobbins football.

I've said it many times, it's only this country that is so obsessed with giving managers who aren't doing anything time. If their not doing their job in spain, Italy, France, Holland, Germany then they get fired. Take a look at the stats for what Real Madrid have won and how many managers they've had in the time Taggot has managed them in trafford. It's something like 23 trophies won and over 20 managers had! Therefore what I am trying to say is time means nothing. If a managers got it he's got it, if he hasn't then he has to be sacked and that today was a joke and the bigger joke is that this team are in the bottom 3 and playing like they dont even know each other!

Two seasons of that, you must be joking pal.

Timbobs said:

yet we keep getting linked to shite players that would actually sign for us and unrealistic targets that would never sign so that's all he can bring in with where he's leading us this season

If we look at the facts Mark Hughes inherited a top ten side, that side had more money than any other Premiership side spent on it in the summer (in the region of £70m) and has managed to turn it into a relegation candidate. The football, the tactics, the player choices, they've all been worse than last season. Today, against West Brom, the decision to play both Kompany and Fernandes, whilst leaving Elano out of the squad totally, was farcical. West Brom have the wosre strike force in the Prem, and we came with a defensive midfield formation. It's tactical errors like this that are costing us, and that are demonstrating why Hughes isn't the man to take City forward. Yes he'll have millions to spend in January, but who will he attract? Don't say "If we offer enough money players will join us", yes they will, but not the standard of players we would be wanting. Villa, Kaka, Buffon, Chiellini, Henry, these are all players we've been linked with, why would any of them join a side in the relegation zone in the Premiership? A team with virtually no chance of European football next season? They wouldn't. Hughes has managed to not only screw this season up completely, he's also screwed next season up, and our potential to take advantage of ADUG's money in the next 12 months. It's nothing short of a disaster. This season is shot to shit, we'll stay up, eventually we'll pick up enough points to avoid the bottom three, but other than that we may as well forget it. So we should bin Hughes NOW. There's nothing to lose. Bring in the new manager, let him spend decent money in January and prepare for BIG spending in the summer. We need a big name manager, someone with pedigree, someone with a track record, someone who's done better than ok with an average prem side. Hughes wasn't the man for me when we first brought him in, and nothing he's done since has convinced me otherwise.

Matty said:
Hughes has managed to not only screw this season up completely, he's also screwed next season up, and our potential to take advantage of ADUG's money in the next 12 months. It's nothing short of a disaster.

Exactly, Hughes has been a disaster for this club.

I'm split on Hughes, on the one hand I like his signings and feel that some of the players he has to work with are not helping him and am quite looking forward to him getting rid of them and bringing in his own players. On the other there is no way we should be in the bottom three with some of the players he has.

If we bring someone new in, some of the same shit players will still need moving on, and we all know that takes time. If that doesn't go well, do we all start asking for the next manager?

If he goes fair enough, and the benefits of change are there for all to see at a number of clubs this season, but I am willing to see where we are in the coming weeks. One thing is for sure with or without Hughes we are in a position most football fans would envy and it will come good, how often have we had that in recent times?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.