Hughes

oaksie2

has to get the best out of the players we have and get "value for money in the transfer market" to be a success and to make us a successful team. If you buy, the player coming in has to better than we already have, the problem we have is that a lot of our players are not playing to their standards. Therefore we could be buying in players that aren't as good as we already have.
For example Micah Richards 20 years old IMO top quality young defender, this season he would look at home playing for the Dog and Duck in the Publicity League, we could do £10m on say Upson or Lescott and IMO Richards will be a far better bet, solution is for the manager to get the best out of Richards and alot of others at the club, not only that he should be making them better players, throwing money at the transfer market is exciting for the fans but the magic formula has to be improve the players and get value to get success.

what part of "squad" do people not understand?

richards is class, or, can be class, but when hes inevitably injured who do we put on? a youth player?

I would never add players to a squad that were not as good as the players we already have, recipe for disaster Ben Haim the case in point.

oaksie2 said:
I would never add players to a squad that were not as good as the players we already have, recipe for disaster Ben Haim the case in point.
Agree oaksie, need to add quality rather than just numbers, otherwise the squad just get bigger rathher than better.

blue jim said:
We could have done a lot worse than Ben Haim.

He's 5'10 (to short for a CB IMHO.), hes to slow (even the yank commentator in the santander game spotted that, and most yanks know fuck all about football.), He's also a fucking liabilty to his fellow team mates health (hes already knocked micah out once and nearly done it a couple of times again with other players.), He's also prone to making massive cock ups that cost us badly (that bleeding back past).

when ben haim went from bolton to chelski i was amazed
when he signed for us i thought i was pissed
i thought we had gone for the wrong israeli -benayoun!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.