Hurricane Irma - coming my way!

A divvy I went to school with flew out to Cuba with his missus yesterday.

Why would you even go to the airport when you know this is about to hit your destination?

It's been spitting a bit in buxton today.
Walked the dogs between showers though so I'm ok

I got hit by Ike when I was in Cuba back in 2008, the eye went right over where we were. It really is something you can't really describe. The noise is just something else, and then in the space of minutes it goes eerily quiet, but you know its minutes before it comes back and they did tell us the 2nd part is often stronger than the first. Glad I had me a good bottle of duty free rum.

The eye is a remarkable thing you think wtf just happened and then bang your getting battered again

The mess it left was unbelievable and also alcohol ban added to the misery

Ended up transferred to the other side of the country to another hotel long after the German guests had been moved and then taking days before we could phone family and I remember asking the old lady to put dad on the phone and she was worried to death something was wrong as the missus was 5 weeks pregnant and I was only after finding out the city result.

Pissed off when I found out we drew with Northampton

On the last day we were told to get packed within half an hour as we had to fly to Birmingham and not Manchester

This was a honeymoon and ended up divorced 2 years later, that hurricane was just the start

The eye is a remarkable thing you think wtf just happened and then bang your getting battered again

The mess it left was unbelievable and also alcohol ban added to the misery

Ended up transferred to the other side of the country to another hotel long after the German guests had been moved and then taking days before we could phone family and I remember asking the old lady to put dad on the phone and she was worried to death something was wrong as the missus was 5 weeks pregnant and I was only after finding out the city result.

Pissed off when I found out we drew with Northampton

On the last day we were told to get packed within half an hour as we had to fly to Birmingham and not Manchester

This was a honeymoon and ended up divorced 2 years later, that hurricane was just the start
dunno if the same applies to everyone but the camaraderie among the guests and the staff was something I'll take with me to my end, how we all mucked in piling felled trees up, gathering up all the tarpaulin just to make the place a bit safer, cos no one knew when we be able to leave, then lists appeared to put yer name down for a flight to Luton, Gatwick, brum then one to Manchester (I passed on cos there were a few needed that plane than a 30 yo me) and we were down to around 100 people inc staff and a wagon arrived with bottled beers, that was some party. We all stunk cos there was no clean water but we had some beer. It was 4 days after we got on a plane with around 40 other people via don rep home. It's not something I wish on anyone but if I'm honest By god it was amazing

A divvy I went to school with flew out to Cuba with his missus yesterday.

Why would you even go to the airport when you know this is about to hit your destination?
In fairness these thing alter course at little notice, it is only forecast to rake Cuba and tbf despite how poor as a nation they are, they are remarkable at keeping people safe in hurricane conditions, probably cos it's a country where you do as yer told. If the worse happens they'll have a story to bore people with till they expire if not they'll have a couple of days of pretty intense rain but it's worth adding the most intense cloud free sunshine thereafter (cos these things drag literally everything in)

1504627463132415606.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.