Hypothetical Question

Just be in typical city fashion to lose it all and come away with no silverware. Nothing like a cup loss to make you all depressed and think the unthinkable.

The only good thing about the FA Cup exit is that it teaches you not to count your chickens (trophies) before reaching the Final.

Typical City to serve up this dross after a week when we basked in rag misfortune. On today's showing we'll limp over the line to the Title,lose to Arsenal at weekend,and be out of Europe knocked out by the scousers. Mark my words I hope I'm wrong.

Champions League puts the club in a different stratosphere especially if we back it up over a couple of years. Think of players like DSilva and KDB - if they don't win a champs league that will always be a caveat in terms of how great they are. I'll take the risk.

In the hypothetical it wouldn't matter what we did. A united Liverpool derby in the champs league final would eclipse anything we could do. Sure we won the league by 23 points but did we play in Kiev? Ergo united or Liverpool are better. You can buy the league but you can't buy the top club honours or some such rubbish.

I also shouldn't care whatever people think about our achievements but if you have a pretty wife its nice when people notice

You do make some very good points there, especially in terms of Spanish Dave (in particular for me as well as a few others, Sergio, Vinnie if he gets the game time and leads us on to lift it, and of course KDB, but in particular for me el mago) getting the credit he deserves as one of the greats of the game. Otherwise I'd have gone for a domestic treble all the way.

Typical City to serve up this dross after a week when we basked in rag misfortune. On today's showing we'll limp over the line to the Title,lose to Arsenal at weekend,and be out of Europe knocked out by the scousers. Mark my words I hope I'm wrong.

You are probably not that far off. Sadly.

not sure if the LC is important

if we need to rest or players, then we could during the LC matches

CL & PL are too precious

You are joking shirley.

First priority is to bag a bit of silverwear and then worry about the rest later.

The Hypothetical question may have been better asked, if we win the league and only the league, will we still be happy. My answer would be yes, its the most important competition by a mile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.