I remember where I was..

roj

(not football)

when Diana died (walking down the stairs at my friends place and his mum told us)
when the clever sods hit the twin towers (home with chicken pox). Remember feeling ill when we spanked Germany. OK that was football.

(not football)

when Diana died (walking down the stairs at my friends place and his mum told us)
when the clever sods hit the twin towers (home with chicken pox). Remember feeling ill when we spanked Germany. OK that was football.
Diana - sat in my armchair, switched the TV on to go to teletext for City news and saw the breaking story, had already died

9/11 - came through on a Reuters terminal where I worked, first message "plane hits twin tower in New York", no one bothered too much, then exponentially worse news over the next few hours, colleague sinisterly predicted the end of the world, had to go to the pub to calm down! Very unsettling day.

911 at work in town. A blokes daughter called him to tell him.
He went online and showed it us. Was the first time I'd ever seen the news live on a website. CNN I think.

Diana I put talk sport on around 7.30am. Was staying at my mum and dads for the weekend. Presenter banging on about what a tragedy it is for the young princes and assumed the queen mum had finally departed. Then after a few minutes he recalled the headlines and said it was Diana.
Went and told my mum and dad who didn't believe me and they got up and we turned the telly in.
I actually worked for the Prince's Trust at the time so was weird at work. I was then part of a meeting that took place two weeks after when Charles made his first public appearance after the funeral which was in Manchester and I ended up meeting him at the Swamp of all places.

It was snowing in Manchester when we beat Germany 6-1 or 5-1 whatever was, wasn’t it? I remember playing football in it if I’m not mistaken as to the day.

Can't remember Diana, but 9/11 my parents were over here from England, we took a 5 hr drive to Thermopolis Wyoming. My brother in Oz called, told me we were being attacked, I told him he was a lying **** as usual, turned the tv on and saw the 2nd jet fly into the tower......crazy day

Can't remember Diana, but 9/11 my parents were over here from England, we took a 5 hr drive to Thermopolis Wyoming. My brother in Oz called, told me we were being attacked, I told him he was a lying **** as usual, turned the tv on and saw the 2nd jet fly into the tower......crazy day

On 9/11 I was at Brisbane Broncos cheerleader trials, at City Rowers club in Brisbane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.