I think Hughes knows he is sacked already

shaundickov

I think Hughes has already been told by Cook and Mansour that his current role is basically caretaker manager, whilst Cook is currently working his balls off to find a replacement before January so they can bring in their own players with our money. Hughes is probably speaking to clubs like Sunderland already.

All the evidence seems to suggest this is the case:

- Poor run of form has put Hughes in line for the chop in any case
- Cook has flown to Milan recently. I don't think it's for players, I think it's to talk to Jose.
- The players just don't seem to be playing for Hughes, they look disinterested, because I believe they know Hughes won't be at City much longer. Especially the Brazilian contingent, who may know more due to a strong connection between Robinho and our owners.
- Previously 'nailed on' transfers are slipping out of our grasp, eg Diarra. Transfer talk from Hughes has been vague at best, and we have no deals sewn up already (leaked to the press) which is surprising given the wishes of our owners to strengthen massively in January.
- Hughes played Robinho last night despite his injury, Hughes wants to go out on a high and knows that our best form has been in Europe. He couldn't simply play the full team because that would look too suspect given that we were already through. Even the team he played was strong enough to raise a few eyebrows in the media.
- Transfer talk in general has gone quiet, surprising given that we're 2 weeks away from the window opening.
- Hughes post match reactions have been strange to say the least - guarded, textbook, resigned, like a man who knows he's on the way out but has been told to keep it a secret.

I like to compare the situation to a company who are being bought out by another company, bringing about a change of management. If this happens in the business world, the staff go a bit awol, lose respect for the departing management, and everything falls apart for a bit. This is exactly what is happening to us.

My prediction? That before January, Cook will make an announcement that Hughes is out and the next manager, Jose or Rijkaard or Hiddink (who may well be currently making a transfer wishlist) will be installed.

Watch this space.

I'm not buying it, mate. For a start, Directors don't go around saying "We're going to sack you but not just yet".

Bluemoon115 said:
I honestly think your deluded.

I don't. Everything seems to fall into place if you accept this theory.

Why would the owners allow Hughes to bring in his own players in January if they believe he's not up to the job?

They wouldn't, they would be getting rid straight away.

They've probably offered Hughes a huge payday to keep things quiet and not walk until they've got his replacement signed and sealed.

shaundickov said:
Bluemoon115 said:
I honestly think your deluded.

Why would the owners allow Hughes to bring in his own players in January if they believe he's not up to the job?

They've probably offered Hughes a huge payday to keep things quiet and not walk until they've got his replacement signed and sealed.

So they would tell him hes sacked, and therefore mess with our performances in games?

RobinJo said:
shaundickov said:

So they would tell him hes sacked, and therefore mess with our performances in games?

They would have to, otherwise Hughes would be making preparations to sign HIS players. eg Bellamy, Warnock, Santa etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.