I think Hughes knows he is sacked already

Prestwich_Blue said:
I think Hughes has already been sacked and they've engaged a look-a-like to keep us all in the dark until they've got a real replacement. More believable than the OP.

This is your man.

george-bush3.jpg

We'll see.

It does make sense though. Hughes would be telling the owners which players he wants to buy in January now. But if they haven't sealed a successor yet, they would HAVE to tell him that he's going, otherwise what would they say? err, not yet Mark, lets leave transfers right to the last minute.

In contrast to a few strange comments on here, I honestly think that the OP has made a good case. My only concern, however, is that if Hughes had been given the boot on the quiet, surely he would have been first in line for the Blackburn job. They could have put a caretaker manager in charge until he was contractually free to join them. I do hope the OP is correct though as I think that Hughes was fine for the old City job but, now that we are the richest club in the world, he is well out of his depth. He cannot take the extra responsibility involved. We need someone with experience of managing a big European club and handling international stars.

Re: If Hughes knows he is sacked already . . .

. . be willingly so, in all fairness to our present gaffer, he has had no previous experience at managing at the very top-flight of world-class footballers. Give him a couple of years experience and he may well slowly learn that trade as well. One thing that must be pointed out is that he cannot be blamed for the almost incredulous backing he receives of the new ownership! (Just imagine what Sven could've achieved with that kind of support, not to speak of the financial resources he never received from the previous owner/villain. Instead our former gaffer was quite wrongly and bluntly axed half way in to the season with top-results, in order to distract and point the former owners own financial inadequacies and failures to deliver by living up to his end of the deal, all in Svens direction - appalling ownership indeed) In the current situation, with the seemingly endless resources, is it a sound defendable backing to fail to act at managerlng level, just sticking with it and going for the "santacruz-way-of-it-all" . . . ? Knowledgeable on looking world-class players are surely not at the least convinced, but what is worse, -not at all impressed! The smoothing talk of "development in small steps" is most discomforting with the kind of quality already brought in, and should've well enforced any kind of performance on last year’s standing by now (Rhobo, SWP, Kompany, Zabaleta etc ). Any current W-class player will want to achieve now, and not in years to come when his own peak may well have dawned. In order to be able to attract the class players now needed and made possible, the club need someone at the helm who those kind of players can fully rely on having the ability of getting them there now, and not only later i.e. "in small steps". The world’s most respected in this aspect is the only current option - failure to do so can well prove to costly to have been dwelt on. (To not by now with full power have approached G. Hiddink is not in any aspect of the word - comprehendible to any )

There is no fucking way on on this planet that anyone will give the rag a pot load of money to spend on players given his season so far. No one would be that stupid, would they?

kevinmcfc said:
There is no fucking way on on this planet that anyone will give the rag a pot load of money to spend on players given his season so far. No one would be that stupid, would they?

He's signings are the only players playing well. He's great in the transfer market.

Give him a break we have had loads of injuries and players playing shit, this will be sorted in jan, stop worring lad.

kevinmcfc said:

I know, who would be stupid enough to hand lots of money to Hughes, especially since the club he inherited had a terrible second half last season and the only players (outside of Ireland, Hart) who have really shown any greatness this season have been most of Hughes' signings (outside of Ben Haim, Jo was a cert before Hughes came).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.