I thought we were ment to be the best fans in the world

Perhaps its because so many have been so loyal for so long, seems like eons in fact, and have been fed a diet of disappointment for the most of that time. Good times may be just around the corner but we are floundering yet again. Our impatience is getting the better of us and we are showing frustration.

It really winds me up that people are critisized for being "negative", from my point of view i was 3 fucking years old when we last won anything and no doubt there are a lot on here who have known nothing but yo-yoing up and down through the divisions. Anyone who spends their hard-earned cash watching a team who year after year fail to give much back is entitled to have a moan after watching some of the shite we've bin served up this season. When the team start delivering then the moaners can be critisized, until then they have every right.

badge said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
We are the best fans of that there is no doubt, but ever since I've been watching us we've always been fickle. In the 70's we'd win 1 or 2 nil and in some peoples eyes that wasn't good enough. What will get the fans back jumping up and down is a couple of back to back wins with hopefully some decent football played along the way.

classic example of how to contradict yourself in one sentence.

right now, our support is shit. can't even be considered as amongst the best anymore.

I can't really see how you can say right now our support is shit. Whats the average attendance this season and indeed since we moved to Comms, 40K+. I can remember in the early 80's Jim Tolmie Derek Parlane days, we'd be lucky to get 20K for a saturday afternoon 3pm kick off.

Immaculate post JMA, its a myth that whenever it rears its head i cringe with embarrassment. Must have started around the time of the inflatable banana era / self-derision extravangza. Problem is we are a lot more serious about our aspirations now, and don't readily accept the shite we were used to, and blow up a banana to console ourselves.

The atmosphere at the new stadium is all you need to witness to know we are not he most passionate. Compare to Fratton Park or Ninian park for example, not that its any kind of credible title i hunger after. Though even Pompey and Cardiff have had cup final appearances of late, and something to cheer about.

Personally, I generally don't give a monkey's fart to what other people think of my opinions. They can be labelled positive, negative or both simultaneously. I'm sure they have, but I am entitled to them and the only criterion I use is that what I think and write is what I see. If it amuses or annoys people, so what. I will be cheering my team on Friday, and every other opportunity I get. If others take a different view, they are perfectly entitled to do so - just get another ticket for the next game! Bringing a Rag and a Toffee Friday, so leave 'em alone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.