I wonder if City will cock this CAS case up too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-face-CAS-hearing-signing-Benjamin-Garre.html

City signed teenager Benjamin Garre from Argentinian club Velez Sarsfield
FIFA said we hadn't done anything wrong.
Velez Sarsfield are taking us and FIFA to the Court of Arbitration on July 3rd.

Lets hope we've bought everyone we want by then...
And no I'm not confident.

Would take months to implement a ban, although FIFA are the only ones who could ban us and they say we did nothing wrong.

If anyone is in the wrong and a punishment is handed out then it has to be FIFA surely. We operate within the rules they dictate, if them rules are found to be an ass then it's on FIFA not City. In fact we shouldn't even be up in front of the CAS for this.

If anyone is in the wrong and a punishment is handed out then it has to be FIFA surely. We operate within the rules they dictate, if them rules are found to be an ass then it's on FIFA not City. In fact we shouldn't even be up in front of the CAS for this.
Why not? Velez Sarsfield feel that FIFA's decision was wrong and they're entitled to go to CAS on appeal, that's what CAS is there for. CAS will want to hear City's version of events as well as FIFA's and it would be crazy for City not to put their case to CAS.

Why not? Velez Sarsfield feel that FIFA's decision was wrong and they're entitled to go to CAS on appeal, that's what CAS is there for. CAS will want to hear City's version of events as well as FIFA's and it would be crazy for City not to put their case to CAS.

I've already said why. Velez' gripe was with City so they went to FIFA who ruled City had done nothing wrong, by virtue of that fact Velez' gripe is now with FIFA.

I've already said why. Velez' gripe was with City so they went to FIFA who ruled City had done nothing wrong, by virtue of that fact Velez' gripe is now with FIFA.
If they won their case against FIFA it would impact on us and I can't see it going to court without us being involved as well. They're not going to win I'd thought as it surely wouldn't have got past FIFA in the first place, just Velez looking for a pay day.

When you see stuff like this and the gulf between the City first team and the academy you wonder what use the Academy is to City.

I know that is a very negative comment, but this morning there has been some discussion about Patrick Roberts. He's 20. Didn't come through the Academy, but is ahead of them because of the experience he has had and you wonder how he can find a place in the squad so what chance have the academy players got? Roberts took the most likely route that academy players have and went out on loan, and excelled and comes back and what happens next?

You can't blame Guardiola. He needs a succesful first team. Every game counts, but we have a squad where 6 or 7 senior players are carrying 4 or 5 players who are not good enough and we can't carry a young player for a year until he adapts. As Guardiola has said the problem is the structure of English football which does not provide a competitive route for young players into the game. The time has come for a MCFC B team in the Football League, and Man Utd B etc It wont happen for a while, and maybe it will happen by the back door. City taking a small stake in Oldham etc
Just no. If anything bring back the reserves league. How many games did Nacho play in the last 9 months? That is where we are going wrong, not having the 4 leagues plastered with B teams. what happens when one of them gets promoted? Or when the whole of division 4 is made up of B teams and Oldham, Rochdale and Accrington are in the conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.