I wonder if City will cock this CAS case up too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspicious old coot in me makes me think that whatever the maximum punishment is, that's what we'll get, and also that Gill and his twatty mates won't defend our corner one iota. I'd like to see Walker, Mendy, Sanchez and VVD all on board by July 3rd just to be on the safe side!
We've been screwed more than once,wouldn't surprise me one bit if it somehow gets twisted to punish us,even as some have already said FIFA gave us the all clear..

I think a big IF, but if they did find us guilty, and they impose a transfer ban, surely it won't take immediate effect i.e. the ban wouldn't come in until the next transfer window? And I assume we also have a right of appeal, which may take months to sort out?

I think a big IF, but if they did find us guilty, and they impose a transfer ban, surely it won't take immediate effect i.e. the ban wouldn't come in until the next transfer window? And I assume we also have a right of appeal, which may take months to sort out?
I don't think there'd be any appeal. Could be wrong but that's the impression I got. Other clubs appealed FIFA bans because they were imposed by FIFA, in this case the Argentine Club are appealing FIFA's decision that City did not breach any rules....so there'd be no one left to appeal to. That does make you think that if FIFA found City to be in compliance that the CAS will also do so. You would expect only a small percentage of rulings to be overturned.

I don't think there'd be any appeal. Could be wrong but that's the impression I got. Other clubs appealed FIFA bans because they were imposed by FIFA, in this case the Argentine Club are appealing FIFA's decision that City did not breach any rules....so there'd be no one left to appeal to. That does make you think that if FIFA found City to be in compliance that the CAS will also do so. You would expect only a small percentage of rulings to be overturned.
Bingo. That said I think the FA and FIFA will try and do us over here.
All our transfer business has to be done and dusted by 2nd July.

Just can't believe that we have this situation.
The drugs incident and the academy ban was bad enough.
Just smacks of utter complacency and unproffesionalism.

All the current loans end on July 1 at the latest. So there is no problem with this.
In any case, what are commonly known as "loans", are referred to as "temporary transfers" in FIFA regulations. The player's registration automatically reverts to the original club at the end of the arrangement. No need for any further paperwork, and therefore no possibility that this can be affected by any potential transfer ban.

Just can't believe that we have this situation.
The drugs incident and the academy ban was bad enough.
Just smacks of utter complacency and unproffesionalism.
Only a fuck up if we withheld information from the FA or FIFA, otherwise unless there's a loop hole we've done nothing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.