ian brightwell old trafford goal 1990

Remember it being choca behind the goal, I was stood level with the left hand post and as soon as he hit it it looked in, as did the David White cross/shot at the end, still can't believe it went wide.

A bit lively walking back to catch the 53 back to Rusholme, happy days.

Worth watching again lol i was in the Stretford end paddock with hundreds of other blues great goal

Ahhhhhh, still one of my favourite Derby moments , I was right behind the goal and thought the ball was going to smack me in the face.

It was a lovely moment - I'm somewhere in that paddock - in front of the camera that show the view from behind the goal as my view was very similar. Did he ever hit such a sweet shot again?

I was at work in Hazel Grove listening to it with another blue in the office. I’ve done some research and calculated that if I drew a line from my position in said office all the way to The Swamp, funnily enough I’m dead in line with him when he wellied it - probably explains why I started screaming a split second before Brian Clarke creamed his pants.

That evening when I met up with some mates, we all fucked off to a house party and I had this bright idea to go on cans of Tennents Super. I’d had spaghetti bolognese on toast for my tea (the shitty tinned kind) and my abiding memory of a very blurred evening was getting home and spewing the spag bol all over the toilet pan while my head was buried in the bog.

Paid the gate man a tenner to get in the seats just above the Scoreboard,just jumped over the turnstiles,those were the days.
Did it very early before the police were hanging around outside so had to suffer waiting for the match to start.
Loads of Blues in front of me giving the 2 fingers and I am trying to mouth to them we are Blues,a different era to today.

I just wellied it !! :-D The self acclamied biggest club in the world, struggling to fill their ground against their neighbours. I remember trying to get a ticket and failing miserably. My mate decided to go n try and get a ticket and bought one for a 5er for K stand just before kick off. A fiver !! Said the tout was desperate and couldn't shift em. Biggest club in the world, my fucking arse !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.