Ian Carlo Poveda

I thought ICP looked like he needed to put on muscle at the beginning of the year.

Gonzalez looked like he was going to be an absolute tank from day 1.

Of all our talented young lads who might " make it" ICP stands out for me as definitely too young. Wonderfully talented player but just looks so young and in need of beefing up. I recall one game where he was totally bullied out of it and looked a bit lost but then a game or so later the same could have happened but he really battled and gave a good account of himself against much bigger , stronger players.

Agree re Gonzalez.

I think City know that some of these lads are probably good enough to play first team football somewhere but what is holding them back is the neglected physical development and therefore end up having to play another season in the EDS where sometimes they go backwards.

You can see from the Chelsea youth development they most certainly look at the physical development as well as technical.
What neglect would this be?

The Chelsea players are either older or just physically bigger.

Of all our talented young lads who might " make it" ICP stands out for me as definitely too young. Wonderfully talented player but just looks so young and in need of beefing up. I recall one game where he was totally bullied out of it and looked a bit lost but then a game or so later the same could have happened but he really battled and gave a good account of himself against much bigger , stronger players.

Agree re Gonzalez.

well he can only grow as much as his genes will let him, unless you want to ruin his body by over-bulking him when his body isn't ready for it.

Just let him grow up.

I liked the look of him in last night game against Stoke.
He came on in the second half for Diaz and contributed more down the left than Brahim had first half.
He was very direct and always a threat and despite a bit of rough treatment, I thought he stood up to it and battled his way through tackles.

That's the first real look I've had at him, but was impressed enough. I'll reserve judgement on whether he'll make it or not.

Agree re Gonzalez.

Always makes me scratch my head when I see people use the word "muscle" and "beef" then I look at City's best player David Silva and see a little midget with no muscle whatsoever. I can't quite think to myself why a footballer needs muscle to be a top player, I must ask Neymar, or better still, the worlds best player Messi.

Always makes me scratch my head when I see people use the word "muscle" and "beef" then I look at City's best player David Silva and see a little midget with no muscle whatsoever. I can't quite think to myself why a footballer needs muscle to be a top player, I must ask Neymar, or better still, the worlds best player Messi.

ICP would look like a midget next to Silva, if you want an idea of how small he actually is. Silva isn't a midget, small, but not a midget. ICP is currently absolutely comically small in terms of pro football. He's a scrawny child. Silva is at least a man with upper body strength. ICP just needs to grow into his skin really.

ICP would look like a midget next to Silva, if you want an idea of how small he actually is. Silva isn't a midget, small, but not a midget. ICP is currently absolutely comically small in terms of pro football. He's a scrawny child. Silva is at least a man with upper body strength. ICP just needs to grow into his skin really.

Agree.

It's the same with Sterling. Many see him as small and a little feeble but for his size he is built.

I wouldn't advocate City to start turning our young lads into physical beasts, but I do think a little extra gym work is needed if they want the likes of Diaz and co to be playing men's football as soon as they are technically ready.

Chelsea for me have got the blend right for me, it's just a shame some of those lads of their don't get a chance because if they were at most other Premier League academies they would be playing first team football now.

Lotus-Cheek should have had nearly 100 caps by now for example.

Think the football we advocate requires intelligence and speed, both of the body and mind. If they have those attributes, then it can partly compensate a lack of height and physique.

He will naturally develop anyway, he doesn't necessarily need to hit the weights and become this little stocky beast, Iniesta hasn't and neither did Xavi. As far as I am concerned if you have a good football brain, you are half way there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.