Ian Carlo Poveda

Understandable.

I just hope England don't lose him because we don't tend to produce great number ten's in this country.

Scholes was the last great number ten we had.

I don't think I've seen him play at 10 for City. He plays out wide for City and England too. Foden is a 10 and he's bloody great at it, much better than ICP there I'd wager.

Clubs from Germany and Holland have contacted Manchester City about signing Ian Carlo Poveda (18), who is expected to be one of the club's next young stars. [The Sun]

Last edited by a moderator:
Poveda, Garre and Matondo are the current best wingers from our academy, would be a shame if we couldn't integrate atleast one.

Similarly, would be a shame if we couldn't integrate one of Richards, Felix Nmecha or Bernabe as attacking midfielders.

And one of Lukas Nmecha, Gonzalez or Touaizi as a striker.

Last edited:
Poveda, Garre and Matondo are the current best wingers from our academy, would be a shame if we couldn't integrate atleast one.

Similarly, would be a shame if we couldn't integrate one of Richards, Felix Nmecha or Bernabe as attacking midfielders.

Agree

I sadly don't think any of them will make it tbh. Maybe Bernarbe, but even then Foden has his spot. It's not that i don't think they're talented, it's just i don't think they'll get a chance. Brahim is higher rated than any of them and he doesn't really get a proper go at it. Can't see it changing for any of them.

I sadly don't think any of them will make it tbh. Maybe Bernarbe, but even then Foden has his spot. It's not that i don't think they're talented, it's just i don't think they'll get a chance. Brahim is higher rated than any of them and he doesn't really get a proper go at it. Can't see it changing for any of them.
Pep seems to be quite positive about Nmecha, Bernabe and Eric Garcia. Hopefully at least one of them could make it. I`m actually confident that Muric, Eric Garcia and Foden will make it here, and I haven`t given up on Harwood-Bellis, Bernabe, Nmecha, Richards, Matondo and Poveda making it here ( of course not all of them)

Pep seems to be quite positive about Nmecha, Bernabe and Eric Garcia. Hopefully at least one of them could make it. I`m actually confident that Muric, Eric Garcia and Foden will make it here, and I haven`t given up on Harwood-Bellis, Bernabe, Nmecha, Richards, Matondo and Poveda making it here ( of course not all of them)

Think Garcia has a bit of a chance, yeah. Muric is class but unless Ederson goes then why would he play I guess. It's tough for keepers. Felix Nmecha doesn't strike me as well rounded enough. Really nice player but doesnt have Foden's level of natural ability IMO.

I used to be really positive towards youth development but I've kinda realised you have to be genuinely exceptional to get a look in now i think. Foden and Sancho were two of the top 10 in the world in their age group. I don't think we have any of them at the moment in the EDS. Maybe Garcia. Maybe Bernarbe... that's not to say i don't think they're very good, i just think the barriers to entry are so so big.

I have learned to not get my hopes up about it, all I can hope for is there are TOO many young talents out there that the Dortmund's or Monaco's of the world cannot possibly handle all these youth, so hopefully we can convince them to stay longer at City.

Think Garcia has a bit of a chance, yeah. Muric is class but unless Ederson goes then why would he play I guess. It's tough for keepers. Felix Nmecha doesn't strike me as well rounded enough. Really nice player but doesnt have Foden's level of natural ability IMO.

I used to be really positive towards youth development but I've kinda realised you have to be genuinely exceptional to get a look in now i think. Foden and Sancho were two of the top 10 in the world in their age group. I don't think we have any of them at the moment in the EDS. Maybe Garcia. Maybe Bernarbe... that's not to say i don't think they're very good, i just think the barriers to entry are so so big.
I think for Muric, being the cup keeper at Man City is a very good chance to still play regularly, considering that Cillessen is still the #1 keeper for Netherlands while being Barca's back up.

I think the wingers have a better chance than the attacking midfielders due to how many we have, while I think Felix is something special possibly getting to Foden level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.